1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Neo-Retro Forever
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'm out of the year range...

Here is my "factory patina" 1983 Ritchey-MountainBikes Mt. Tam

Serial # 21B50

It took a little work to get the spec, and i went a little "period correct hop-up" on the rims (Pro Class) and the pedals (MKS) and added the sweet gold chain and cable ends for a little detailing. All parts' date codes are correct...I got picky on this one! :)

It was saved from a bad life. I'll be keeping the patina for authenticity and the original paint.

Enjoy!

Sorry for posting so many for you dial-up guys. I'm just too excited not to share!

·
Neo-Retro Forever
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it just after Thanksgiving. That's an NOS Dura Ace EX headset that dates from '83 that I've been hanging onto for just the right project...

600 EX headsets were pretty common with the NorCal builders from about 83 through about 87, until the Derore XT headsets came out, I believe.

I just thought the Dura Ace one would be a great little geek out opportunity!

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
Very nice. Great attention to detail. I'm hoping to end up with something very close to that with my '84 Timber Wolf. Just a couple minor component differences.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Wow super nice :thumbsup:

It sure doesn't show its had a hard life now. You've done a great job on the resto. I'm sure we'll see some great bikes in the pre-86 category. LOL!! The only reason we probably started with 86-up is because BP couldn't get to his bikes :p

·
Registered
412 Posts
Very nicely done mate. I just rescued the same Dura Ace set from an old Raleigh that is too beat up to be fixed without replacing tubes. Unfortunately mine is very scratched up. Think I will polish it as best I can and keep it for my next project.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.