Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
That was a strange place to eat it... right after the logs its pretty much that berm... don't remember anything that could've whipped his rear out like that.

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
Ah, after I full screen'd it I saw.

I did the same thing on a lower section of Livewire on Saturday too.. stripped some of the pedal threads in my cranks. :/ Didn't notice until this morning when I got on board and my pedal felt funny.

·
Ancient Chinese Secret
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow you went down hard! i'll be more careful there for sure!

you okay?
Yes, I'm OK. Sore wrist, but don't think it's broken. Yes, I'm pretty lucky I was slowing down for the berm and rolled out a bit when I ate it.

But yes, I'll be more careful to keep my pedals level before going into that berm. My new bike has a lower BB and there's some rocks poking up just before that berm on the left.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looked like a nice leisurely ride down Livewire... I've found that's when I tend to make the most mistakes riding, when I just "chill" rather than full-on attack a trail. You probably should have been up off the seat more, with your pedals level.

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
Think he was prepping to enter the berm, thus the outside pedal went down... just a little too early so it got caught.

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
There were big gusts that kicked up some dust storms, but overall it was nice this weekend. Just cold on the lifts.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes, I'm OK. Sore wrist, but don't think it's broken. Yes, I'm pretty lucky I was slowing down for the berm and rolled out a bit when I ate it.

But yes, I'll be more careful to keep my pedals level before going into that berm. My new bike has a lower BB and there's some rocks poking up just before that berm on the left.
dude, i hope your wrist is feeling better. aside from the crash, it was a good time ridin' and chillin' with ya' saturday!

video viewers: it may be a little tough to see in the video, but there's a few embedded rocks sticking out of the ground exactly where there's a good line into the berm.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.