Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday, I am riding home. I had easterly winds help me on the heavy Schwinn...
Studded tires are not light, and they are noisy.

About 3 miles from home, some jerk in a Dodge Daytona, the white kind with graphics, had his friend roll down the window and call me an a___hole! Jealous? Could it be that there's hardly any shoulder for me to ride because snow and ice are covering it?

I have a feeling today those two wankers will get their members caught in their pant's zipper.

I wish I had some ball bearings to throw at jerks, or Force Lightning, or just go Rambo on them. But I must keep my composure and be the respectable rider.

·
Training for vacation
306 Posts
Teenage drivers used to yell obscenities at me when I would jog on the sidewalk. I don’t run anymore and for some reason no one yells at me when I ride on the streets around town or to work. Does that mean I'm not pretty anymore?

·
Single and loving it
98 Posts
Teenage drivers used to yell obscenities at me when I would jog on the sidewalk. I don't run anymore and for some reason no one yells at me when I ride on the streets around town or to work. Does that mean I'm not pretty anymore?
We would need recent pics to tell you as to whether or not you are still pretty.:devil:

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me this winter, only they were going the opposite direction and were completely unaffected by my riding. I just give them a thumb's down. You were technically assaulted by them verbally and could call the police.

·
Single and loving it
98 Posts
I have had so many run-ins with idiots on the road. Here's one:

Riding alone on a country road, (yes we have them in Southern NJ) minding my own bizz on a clear summer morning when I hear the familiar noise of a car coming up from behind. Now normally this is only a slight cause for alarm as I am very timid when riding on the road..what with cars outweighing me by a few thousand pounds or so, but I digress. When all of a sudden I feel the presence of a large vehicle right next to me and I mean within a gnat's ass hair away from me.

What seemed like a half hour transpired before the entire vehicle went by but in reality it was a flash. I was blown off into the weeds by the volume of air this behemoth was pushing while it barreled down the road. Thanks largely to years of mtn biking and a death grip my anus had on my seat, I barely managed to keep upright. As dumb luck would have it there was a stop light not too far from where I was nearly killed. Holding back my anger I roll up to the open passenger window to see the human equivalent of Mrs Piggy chomping on some large sammich while talking on her phone. I took my water bottle from it's cage and took proper aim... WHOOSH! In slow motion the stream of water impacted Kermit's unrequited lover's snout and general eye area.

She let out a squeel dropping said sandwich and cell phone to her cloven feet. When our eyes finally met, I let her know she almost killed me and bid her "good day".

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
Depending on the jurisdiction that is...and it's considered either harassment or criminal mischief in the vast majority of locales, if it's a crime at all. It happens and it's petty and sucks but as has been mentioned...they get nothing if we give them nothing. A disinterested eye-roll or sarcastic thumbs up makes me feel better at least...doesnt help the situation but still...

Brock...

·
Registered
218 Posts
reflex

I unfortunately have a reflex from my ear to brain to finger extensors (one in particular). Yes, I know this is stupid. I also know its not my fault b/c my 60-something mom does the same thing when she rides, so its apparently genetic. It actually almost got my dad punched out one day when they were on a tandem and he had no idea she did it when this ******* rolls up on him, until she told the guy she was going to kick his ass and he then left. :nono:

·
Jam Econo
4,213 Posts
I usually don't run into too much trouble and name calling on the road, but on Monday I was cut off, unintelligibly yelled at by kids for kicks, and called an a__hole for blocking a guy from turning right on red (there was too much traffic for him to actually turn right on red, but that's beside the point I guess). But usually people are pretty good about "sharing the road" around here...at least when they're not talking on the phone!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've had numerous similar instances, including one where a guy threw a shake, I believe it was strawberry, at a buddy and I. Let me tell you, a ten plus mile ride home, in 100 degree plus temps, covered in strawberry shake and dirt, is not fun.

I'm comforted by the thought that

1) Their life must really suck if they feel the need to yell/swerve/throw things at random people on the street.

2) Karma is on my side, and what goes around comes around.

·
Sweep the leg!
3,804 Posts
ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
I feel loved, like the warm embrace of a hot girl wearing a nice, comfortable sweater...
I really like this time of year for sweaters. Especially when there's no restrictive garments to keep nipples from announcing "it's cold" or "I'm excited."

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.