Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just not a dedicated enough rider to go for DJs like you all, but I do want to learn to atleast pick up some basic urban tricks

That don't require any serious committing for big air and such, basically ground and trialsy type stuff (jumping onto ledges on the rear tire).

Right now the only thing I can do is 180 footplant off of a slope and huck myself down and off of stuff. And bring my bike onto a curb one parallel to the curb one tire at a time.

yeah . . . I'm pretty super simple with urban.

but my balance is pretty damn good, if that helps.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, of course, I just mean that I will probably never do anything more technical than three or four jumps consecutively.

my pivots are pretty good . . . I think

·
Registered
47 Posts
Go buy the Ryan Leech video, mastering the art of trials. It is THEE best instructional video ever. I have had so much fun and progressed very well with the help of this video.

I've been riding for over 25 years, and this video helped so much on improving my street, trials, and bike handling skills. Seriously, The best instructional video ever.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't plan on serious trials until I pick up a used trials bike.

Ryan Leech is beastly. I've seen some of his vids! Maybe I will check out that one . ..

Woot. Landed my first 180 stoppie today (finally! I kept on falling off the bike or losing my balance when I landed)

I think I'll land a one handed stoppie or whatever its called before I work on a no footer.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wouldn't have known . . . (about endo vs. stoppie)

ontario bike, I meant my balance was good on both tires . . .

My seats down really low, and if I raise it, I won't like how the bike feels (that means I can't bring the frame up a lot under me), sooooo

I have to bring my rear end up REALLY high to get it under my ass for a no footer.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ojai Bicyclist said:
Manuals, bunnyhops up ledges, barspins, ramp skills, bunnyhop to manuals, abus and fufus, 180s, wallrides, etc.
3s, sprocket grinds, disasters, multi part lip tricks, tailtap variations, 270s, fakies, groove rides, stair gaps, stair 180s, side hops, pivots, pedal kicks, nose manuals, crankflips etc. some of those are more advanced but good skills to master. i have yet to crankflip though:madman:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ick, stair 180s. I can barely 90. As soon as I go urban riding again, I'm gonna try a sprocket grind.

j-dogg, are there any tabletop jumps around town? I think I should hit some of those, that way I can try everything and not have to worry about anything.

and I'm having the worst time ever trying to ride fakie.

·
Registered
561 Posts
dirtyharry said:
ick, stair 180s. I can barely 90. As soon as I go urban riding again, I'm gonna try a sprocket grind.

j-dogg, are there any tabletop jumps around town? I think I should hit some of those, that way I can try everything and not have to worry about anything.

and I'm having the worst time ever trying to ride fakie.
just chill and give it time, stay centered over the bike when you do it and no, we dont like tabletop jump sin chapel hill, there's a crappy sidewalk gap that the launch is about gone and thats it. just sack it up go to the dean dome and hit the small 5 to 5 and youll get chased by da popo, just deal. but theres tech stuff and really tech stuff in chapel hill

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.