Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I picked up a used bike and it came with a brand new set of 26x2.1 Nevegal Stickee's. I heard a lot of good things about them and decided to give them a shot.

I have ridden them twice now for a total of 18 miles and have decided they are not for me. I like the Larsen TT which is lighter and it's rounder profile works better for me in the turns. I like a lot of lean angle on fast turns and the tall knobs on the Kenda roll to much then break away.

So if someone local wants them, let me know what you have to trade or shoot an offer.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
cstem said:
Okay so I picked up a used bike and it came with a brand new set of 26x2.1 Nevegal Stickee's. I heard a lot of good things about them and decided to give them a shot.

I have ridden them twice now for a total of 18 miles and have decided they are not for me. I like the Larsen TT which is lighter and it's rounder profile works better for me in the turns. I like a lot of lean angle on fast turns and the tall knobs on the Kenda roll to much then break away.

So if someone local wants them, let me know what you have to trade or shoot an offer.
don't sweat it, put about 50 more miles on them and they will be worn out. ;).

I sold a 2.1 on CL for $15, took the loss, got it out of my garage. Buyers are out there, good luck.

·
President Skroob
499 Posts
They are a big tire that's for sure but I think in the 26 inch version they are fantastic as a front tire in Phoenix. I run it with a Small Block 8 in the rear. They aren't overly heavy, last a lot longer than the Larson which I have used to race with, and I think they grip a lot more on the corners.

Tires are a specific thing like helmets and the individual rider must choose for himsefl. I rode a Highroller front and Larson rear for years but switched with confidence when I found the Nevegal front SM8 rear. The Kenda combo lasts a lot longer and I get a lot fewer sidewall tears. The weight gain is so much that I can take a poo before I ride to make up the difference.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah- I have heard great things about these tires, but I am pretty picky and the Kenda not meeting my expectations in no way suggests they are bad tires. In fact the rear (which I break traction on in turns too) will NOT break traction on climbs while pumping out the torque!

I finished setting up the suspension properly (and I gotta say it rocks) this morning and tried them again. Unfortunately my new found confidence in techy stuff where traction is a must made me push the tire even further away from what I want!

Not trying to turn this into a classified but if you got any of those Larsens left- I'll trade! or trade for anything really- not trying to make anything on these. In fact if someone has a struggling junior who needs treads- I will donate them!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good one Tom- You have don enough for me that if you want these- they are yours!

·
Registered
57 Posts
The problem is that they are 2.1s. The 2.3s are much better on the phx area trails. I will accept the weight penalty for a tire that will not wash out in turns. A very predicable tire.

·
Registered
548 Posts
santan said:
The problem is that they are 2.1s.
Yes, that applies to lots of tires.

I recently bought a pair of Schwalbe Fast Fred Light UST 26 x 2.0 knobbies that weigh only 575g. They're great tires, but after putting ten miles on them I'm looking to trade them for something interesting. I have lots of tires but don't ride anything narrower than a 2.35.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts