Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating between a Hadley or an i9 rear hub, to a FlowEX or Spank Suburosa.

Nothing blingy in color, just a higher engagement high end wheel.

Anyone have recommendations on WHERE to get this or have it built up (reputation, price). Would you pick the i9 or the Hadley.

I am new to this "high end" wheel game. I did however just ride some nasty rock sections on an i9 wheel and was instantly hooked on the engagement. Made "crawling" a lot easier than with my Hopes.

·
mtbpete
1,304 Posts
It's always nice to have quick engagement for crawling around rocks. Hadley and Chris King both have 72 point engagement, which equals 5 degrees between engagement points. The I9 hub is 3 degrees. The King has a very secure ring drive mechanism. I lean toward the King over the others for quality. There are many custom builders that can build you an excellent wheelset with any of these components. You may want to choose a builder in your area or one with great customer service. A good builder will take time to answer any questions you may have about the wheelset you are looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.