Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want my 06 rfx with a 1.5 HT or at least a configuration for the HT that plays nicely with today's forks and there tall buttons/knobs. Don't want to change brands. I like Turner quality and function and I don't want the complication (my opinion) of DW link. Just a straight up 4-faux-bar slightly revised Turner. Will it ever happen? Am I nuts?

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Mr Tiles said:
I want my 06 rfx with a 1.5 HT or at least a configuration for the HT that plays nicely with today's forks and there tall buttons/knobs. Don't want to change brands. I like Turner quality and function and I don't want the complication (my opinion) of DW link. Just a straight up 4-faux-bar slightly revised Turner. Will it ever happen? Am I nuts?
Unless the Daves have a big fallout, I don't see a benefit for DT to go back to faux bar.

_MK

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
get a banshee wildcard. faux bar wuth 1.5" headtube and 5.5" and 6" travel settings along with current geometry and tubing to clear newer fork crowns/dials

i think you are dreaming if you think turner will resurrect faux bars now.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Knolly

Have you looked at the Knolly Chilcotin? After test riding one for a week, I have one on order. It will be here in April. I describe it as an updated RFX. Better geometry, 1.5 HT, excellent suspensions design (just as plush going down, better climber) equal in quality.

Check it out.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Marshall Willanholly said:
I don't understand how the DW-Link is more complicated than Horst-Link/TNT. It's the same number of pivots. :???:
maybe he means the fact it uses chain tension instead of shock dampening/threshold to control suspension bob. if you try to read any of dw's articles on dwlink, it doesn't make it sound uncomplicated:eek:

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,881 Posts
Mr Tiles said:
Am I nuts?
Well, a dw link has the same # of moving parts as the old rfx/6pack...i liked my old 6pack a lot tho. There are better/lighter bikes with better suspension now. Hopefully some day i can get one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.