Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the loudest rear hub out ?I like the noisey hub and was want to build a loud back wheel and some rim ideas would be nice I am a pretty good size dude so any good rim ideas?thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
chris kings are the loudest most obnoxious i've heard, i'm not hating on them, i'd buy a set in a second if i could afford it, but wow, i've ridden with a few guys with them you can hear them a mile away...

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
Yea, HAdley

I have an old school Hadley withth e 108 point engagement, and it is really loud. It's not a buzzy loud like a King though, it's a nice rough noise, like a cat on speed purring. I spin the wheel really slow in the garage, adn my dog thinks the bike is growling at her.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Chris Bling

Loud.... sorta like a fishing reel. Make mine stealthy please. I have an ACS freewheel on my single that does the usual ACS clunky thing. i found that if you add a moderate amount of Phils Tenacious Oil it becomes silent! Then I can sneak up on hikers and horses more better ;) Just kidding about the hikers and horses please dont flame me. But you can imagine how it could be right?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
BigHit05 said:
Can someone tell me the loudest rear hub out ?I like the noisey hub and was want to build a loud back wheel and some rim ideas would be nice I am a pretty good size dude so any good rim ideas?thanks
Want noise? Use zip ties. Want it louder? Use bigger and/or more zip ties.

A version of the card in the spokes that I got bored with when I was eight years old.

·
Registered
97 Posts
tkavan01 said:
chris kings are the loudest most obnoxious i've heard, i'm not hating on them, i'd buy a set in a second if i could afford it, but wow, i've ridden with a few guys with them you can hear them a mile away...
I've got a set of Kings but they are like a sewing machine compared to the Hadley's. The Kings are ten years old though so maybe they're broken in real good

·
JORBA: Six Mile Run
428 Posts
Ringle 439 hub. Way louder than my friends kings and my Industry 9's. They are the loudest hubs I've ever heard. I'm not sure how it compares to the Hadley.

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
I have a Coda hub (Cannondale proprietary, made by Hugi) on my street hardtail and it makes the King hub I have on another bike seem silent! People dive for cover when they hear this thing coming cuz they think it's machine gun fire:yikes:.

·
members only
338 Posts
Dirdir said:
My Hope Pro II's are louder than my Kings. Damn loud.
Correct.

A few months ago;
There were 4 of us, one w/ King, one w/ Hadley, one w/Industry Nine & me w/ Hope Pro II.
We were laughing about this, and comparing... Mine was the loudest.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Ricko said:
I have a Coda hub (Cannondale proprietary, made by Hugi) on my street hardtail and it makes the King hub I have on another bike seem silent! People dive for cover when they hear this thing coming cuz they think it's machine gun fire:yikes:.
My friend had this hub, I thought his spokes were snaping every time he let his bike free wheel. By far the loudest hub I have ever heard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.