Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've emailed them, but has anyone done this?

I bought a medium ML (speedgoad said it'd be fine), but its too small. I can't afford a new 07, so wanted to just get a front triangle and swap it over, as the rear is the same size.

I live in New Zealand, but as luck would have it I'm going to Phoenix next week for work, and according to Googlemaps, will be staying about six blocks from the factory.

Anyone got any advice about this?

Thanks

Alternatively, any bike shops in Phoenix with 06's going cheap?

-Chris

PS I don't expect to swap the old one, even though its only been ridden for 30 mins, I just want to buy a new front.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had the exact opposite problem. I bought a 2006 ML frame in large and after building it up found it to be too big. The frame had less than 100 miles on it. I posted it on MTBR classifieds and got contacted by a bunch of people. I ended up selling it to a guy in New Zealand for $975 plus he paid the shipping (I live in the US) and PayPal charges. My frame was in near mint condition and he happily paid all of those costs. Since you're in the middle of summer, you can probably sell it down there pretty easily. Then I would suggest contacting Biker Bob ([email protected]). He'll hook you up with a good deal on a 2007. He did for me and I'm so glad that I got the 07 (the RP23 and anodized finish are excellent, and it weights about 3/8 pound less).
Good luck!

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Frame chop shop

stillkeen said:
I've emailed them, but has anyone done this?

I bought a medium ML (speedgoad said it'd be fine), but its too small. I can't afford a new 07, so wanted to just get a front triangle and swap it over, as the rear is the same size.

I live in New Zealand, but as luck would have it I'm going to Phoenix next week for work, and according to Googlemaps, will be staying about six blocks from the factory.

Anyone got any advice about this?

Thanks

Alternatively, any bike shops in Phoenix with 06's going cheap?

-Chris
PS I don't expect to swap the old one, even though its only been ridden for 30 mins, I just want to buy a new front.
Several people have asked me about getting the carbon rear, but they are hard to come by. I would consider splitting a large frame in two and sending the front to you in Phoenix. This would satisfy at least two riders.
PM me for to discuss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.