Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've wanted to do this for a while. I got a local shop to install a 2020 Fit 4 damper to replace the 2017 Grip damper that came with my Fuel EX 9.8 in the Fox 34 Performance fork. I know that many people say that the Fit 4 isn't much of an upgrade over the Grip on the 34, and I have to admit I had some doubts. I'd already increased the travel to 140, by the way.

After my initial ride yesterday, I have to say that I'm very happy with change. It was more significant than I thought it would be. I already have a DPX2 on the back of the bike for a while now. I've been feeling like the fork wasn't quite on par with the shock.

Yesterday I got out and we rode a trail called Executioner on the North Shore, and was quite impressed. That bike just feels better. It feels like the front has caught up to the back (with the DPX2). It felt really good on Executioner, Dreamweaver, and Lower Digger. Now… I’m not the fastest rider around, but the bike just feels plusher, or smoother. The harshness I had on the old damper is gone. Also, being able to adjust high and low speed compression like I can on my Fox 36 is great!

In the end, it was well worth it! On gnarly old school trails it’s very good (at my speed at least)! I wasn't sure what to expect, but... so far so good!

Oh and I updated the graphics with some decals from Slik.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.