Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Fisher SuperCal 29er and I totally trashed my front rim yesterday. Taco bar anyone? I'm taking the oportunity to build up a new set of wheels. Currently I'm running WTB LaserDisc hubs and WTB Dual Duty rims. I thinking of changing the rims and was wondering what you guys think. Heres my short list:

WTB Dual Duty: I could just replace with the same rims
Sun Rhyno Lite ABT: Have heard good things but never used one
Bontrager Mustang: Seeing that I'm a Fisher dealer I should probably go with this one.

Anything else I should consider?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either

I'm currently running 32h, and I'd like to try and stick with that but I also have a new 36h hub that I have yet to find a use for and If I need to use that I will. I'd rather find a good rim and use whatever hub I need.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One addition

The_Real_Cyclesmith said:
I have a Fisher SuperCal 29er and I totally trashed my front rim yesterday. Taco bar anyone? I'm taking the oportunity to build up a new set of wheels. Currently I'm running WTB LaserDisc hubs and WTB Dual Duty rims. I thinking of changing the rims and was wondering what you guys think. Heres my short list:

Bontrager Mustang: Seeing that I'm a Fisher dealer I should probably go with this one.

Mavic A719: I should probably add that to my list

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I believe that the Sun is the only one on your list that comes 36h. The ABT feature is a plus also if you are running rim brakes. The price is also right. Otherwise get Mavic A719's, not on your A list but it is on others.

As I said in another post 36h makes a pretty stout build, good for those front wheels....although any rim I've tacoed (4 26" and 1 29" in 23 yrs of riding) 90% of the reason the rim tacoed was rider error compounded a couple of times by narrow rims being put a bit beyond their limits.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
The_Real_Cyclesmith said:

I have had good results with the Alex TD17 (disc only). aebike has them for $22 each.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts