Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone clipless. PD-M545 and Diadora Raptors. The Raptors were the only ones that seemed to fit my fat feet, and the M545s have a nice little platform feature for times I don't feel comfortable being attached to the bike... nice I think since I'm so not used to that.

Went for a quick ride around campus, and did fine except once I came to a complete stop when a volvo was flying backwards out of a parking lot towards the street... he stopped halfway across the sidewalk, and said "Hi!" before deciding I wasn't going to go behind him. I barely got unclipped in time.

What have I noticed immediately: I'm wearing myself out faster. I can pull and push, thus putting tremendous power to the ground without even standing up. I can bunny hop now too.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I switched over a week or so back...big difference, I can climb so many obstacles I wouldn't have attemted before, and I keep on pumping past places where I used to get off and push... I went with wellgo's that lock in on one side and have a standard platform on the other...best of both worlds...no regrets here, other than wishing I had done it sooner...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.