Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Xpost from brake time cause that forum moves like 90wt in the winter.

Looks like brake fluid, smells like brake fluid, must be brake fluid... ??? Anyone else have this happen? Seemed like a weird place to leak, to me.

Looks like I may have to swing by Avid later this week. Bummer.

Attachments

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Padre said:
Hey kitchen..how do you like them juicy's overall?
were you a mech user prior?
report please! :rolleyes:
I love them. Very powerful for 6"ers and the lever adjustment can't be beat, especially on a bike that's used for everything. I'll probably go to an 8" in the front and maybe 7" in the back soon. Those lift assist days are tough on any 6" brakes.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
kitchenware said:
I love them. Very powerful for 6"ers and the lever adjustment can't be beat, especially on a bike that's used for everything. I'll probably go to an 8" in the front and maybe 7" in the back soon. Those lift assist days are tough on any 6" brakes.
I've never had a tough time w/ my 6" rear mech on my Bullit, even at last weekends 12 hour Downhill race. I did 11 runs w/ my 8"x6" combo.
My hands got tired, not from brakes, just from holding the bars all day...
I wonder how hydro's would feel different over that duration...

·
Yay! Bikes !
1,761 Posts
I can't comment on your Juicy problem as I run XTs, but I CAN post this picture of you that I took while on vacation. Hope this helps! Later! :D

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
I'd like to help, but...

[email protected]!, I've never had to work on my Hayes ;) j/k, those do look sweet. Probably just need an o-ring in that reach adjuster port? Have you had to adjust that knob much? (shouldn't be fiddle'in with 'yer knob too much :) )

Great to go with a local company :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts