Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my '03 fox float RL shock, I loosened the small setscrew on the shaft by the eyelet. Some air came out and now the lockout doen't workand it seems really bouncy. What is that setscrew for? What did I do? How do I fix it? Do I need special tools? Thanks guys. I can't ride until I fix it and I need to ride, know what I'm sayin'.

·
Not dead yet, just playin
910 Posts
justinmosiman said:
On my '03 fox float RL shock, I loosened the small setscrew on the shaft by the eyelet. Some air came out and now the lockout doen't workand it seems really bouncy. What is that setscrew for? What did I do? How do I fix it? Do I need special tools? Thanks guys. I can't ride until I fix it and I need to ride, know what I'm sayin'.
If you took out the white plastic plug near the eyelet, I bet you let all the nitrogen out from behind the damper. You have no rebound or compression dampening anymore, so the ride is "bouncy" with no lockout. You definitely can't fix this on your own.

You need to send it to a reputable repair facility to get it recharged. You should definitely NOT ride on the shock in this state. If you do, you will either further break the shock, or possibly break yourself.

RFTM: http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/03_RearShocks_en.pdf

op

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.