Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
itsa reba?

I did much the same recently on my 29er steed, and I'm loving the aired up reba! she's fast, plush, not terribly porky, and just does what she's supposed to.

you get the one with the pop lock? even though it looks odd on a single speed (forking thumb lever thingee on a ss handlebar? blasphemy!) it works nice.

btw- pic looks odd, but slightly humerous- rigid fork, fork pump, operating tray????

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SlowSSer said:
itsa reba?

I did much the same recently on my 29er steed, and I'm loving the aired up reba! she's fast, plush, not terribly porky, and just does what she's supposed to.

you get the one with the pop lock? even though it looks odd on a single speed (forking thumb lever thingee on a ss handlebar? blasphemy!) it works nice.

btw- pic looks odd, but slightly humerous- rigid fork, fork pump, operating tray????
No pop lock. It was a deal at the lbs, so I took what I could get. It's an SL, but I'm really liking it. I don't how subjective I can be though, as it's my first suspension fork in two years. I just know I dig it, and it isn't a noodle.

The operating tray is actually one of those storage bins from IKEA. I walked out to the garage today and saw the stuff sitting there and it just looked like alien autopsy.

·
President, CEO of Earth
1,001 Posts
Reba and friends

SlowSSer said:
itsa reba?

I am smitten with Reba, I must admit.

I fell in love with a girl named Judy a few years back, but every time I climbed on top of her she spilled lube all over the floor.

However, I never met a girl so eager to blow! ;)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ditto with a Reba on my 29er SS. Very nice. Plush. Lock out works. I was full rigid for about a year, but with the SS being my only rig now, I caved and picked up the squishy fork. I feel like I'm on a downhill rig! S

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
I can't escape work!!!

Rocket Reducer No. 62 said:

The operating tray is actually one of those storage bins from IKEA. I walked out to the garage today and saw the stuff sitting there and it just looked like alien autopsy.
That would be a MUCK storage box from IKEA, I work for them :p

·
Look at the time!
1,144 Posts
Un-freakin'-canny... How did you know?

Actually, it's a Planet Bike fender, but close enough!
coincidence - i just read a rant from a guy who scratched his brand new fox fork with an SKS fender, and they seem to have the same fingerprint as your planet bike :)

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lelebebbel said:
coincidence - i just read a rant from a guy who scratched his brand new fox fork with an SKS fender, and they seem to have the same fingerprint as your planet bike :)
That's some sluething there. Wanna follow my wife around and see if she's cheating on me? ;)

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Reba is great...The singer that is

I got one of those forks that horrible red-headed country singer designed.
It remains to be seen if the fork is any good, they are still pretty new. The fact that they are made by Rock Shux does not make it real likely. I hope I'm proven wrong..... Shucks even Rock Shux gets one right every few years ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.