Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey brothers! Pass the Kool Aid, the gravity droppers, and a map to St. George Utah!

Kidding, you can keep all that. Iron Horse is sold out of mkIII's for 06 so I had to settle for this. My favorite part of the frame is the Specialized patent sticker located on the underside of the chainstay near the horst link. I will re-locate this decal to a more prominent position for better viewing. My least favorite part of the frame(other than the cable routing) is the "anodization" looks suspect on the welds, almost as if it's ready to peel off. Also, one bolt for the water bottle cage is locked into it's sleeve, so the sleeve spins with the bolt. Tisk tisk. Anyway, here's the build....

Large frame w/ dhx-air
Push'd Float 130
Sram X.0 drive
King / King
Thomson / Thomson M
Monkeylite
Juicy Carbon
RF Deus 24/36/Bash

Now I get to chime in on EVERY thread on this board with first hand knowledge & experience! Yay! Let's get some charts going!

Attachments

·
ISO Gems...
549 Posts
Damn....

THE BOMB HAS LANDED....head for the hills!!!

Nice ride Dustman, lookin' at yer pool there in the background looks kinda inviting with these hot So Cal temps we've been having lately. How about coming down for a shakedown ride? JOD's Spot* otta be running as well for this weekend.

D

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
I knew it!

You posted so many hints but no one seemed to pick up on it. Congrats on your new ride! :thumbsup:

It's amazing to me how some of those who criticize Turner bikes end up with one eventually (resistance is futile!).

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SCUBAPRO said:
You posted so many hints but no one seemed to pick up on it. Congrats on your new ride! :thumbsup:

It's amazing to me how some of those who criticize Turner bikes end up with one eventually (resistance is futile!).
Now that I actually own one, you can expect my criticism to ramp up quite a bit. ;)

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
SCUBAPRO said:

some of us had more than a sneaking suspision but kept it quiet for reasons not open to discussion. personally, i had a good idea from day 1 but wasnt sure till lately.

dusty, i welcome you and i hope like hell you bring yer wit and creativity yet leave behind the personal bashing that has become part of yer shtick. a good start would be yer signature. constructive critisism is of course welcome. enjoy the new bike and i trust it will serve ya well.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
old HL

jncarpenter said:
**yawn**, Dusty...brother, you've grown O so predictable as of late ;)

Besides, HL is so very "last year"...but, I suppose some congrats are in order :thumbsup:
Now we must be carefull, he might just really step back and run bio pace rings, and beg for PUSH to custom build him an Alps 4 shock to match the old news HL.

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
:nono: Oh well, I guess your days as a Turner bashing publicity whore are over. Now you are stuck with what can only be called feedback or, at worst, generic buyers remorse, rendering your "blah, blah, blah" as just another squeaky voice from HomerLand. :D:D:D

The bike looks good. That blue brings out the tres chic sheen of the HL's years of marketing hype. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Heh

cactuscorn said:
some of us had more than a sneaking suspision but kept it quiet for reasons not open to discussion. personally, i had a good idea from day 1 but wasnt sure till lately.

dusty, i welcome you and i hope like hell you bring yer wit and creativity yet leave behind the personal bashing that has become part of yer shtick. a good start would be yer signature. constructive critisism is of course welcome. enjoy the new bike and i trust it will serve ya well.
Pissing off the rabid homers was absolutely the best part of the schtick. I personally found it very amusing and hope it doesn't stop.

Dave

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.