Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we say queer in here?

Once again, seen at the LBS. Drives like a tandem, he said- it's a mighty hauler. In case you were wondering, yes, you can carry a surfboard, but you'll need an attachment.

Hope the fotos do it justice.

fp

P.S. The reason for both discs and cantis is that he bought the wheelset as is- he'll be taking the rotors off. Too bad.

Attachments

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Finch Platte said:
Can we say queer in here?

Once again, seen at the LBS. Drives like a tandem, he said- it's a mighty hauler. In case you were wondering, yes, you can carry a surfboard, but you'll need an attachment.

Hope the fotos do it justice.

fp

P.S. The reason for both discs and cantis is that he bought the wheelset as is- he'll be taking the rotors off. Too bad.
That's old news. They reviewed that conversion in one of the bike mags 2 years ago. I've seen a few around the streets. They kick ass for hauling a full week of groceries. You could probably even strap a keg on it. Fun!!

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pardon the fock out of me.

Sasquatch said:
That's old news. They reviewed that conversion in one of the bike mags 2 years ago. I've seen a few around the streets. They kick ass for hauling a full week of groceries. You could probably even strap a keg on it. Fun!!
I searched my post, looking for the word 'new.' Couldn't find it, sorry. I was unaware of the rule stating something had to be new to be entered into the almighty Passion. :rolleyes:

fp

Would stout be too heavy?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've got one of them Xtracycles on an old GT frame and I love it. I haul kids, groceries, and beer with it. My heaviest load so far has been 160 pounds. I was a dedicated BOB trailer user until I got the Xtracycle. I wouldn't say that it rides like a tandem though. I think it just rides like a slightly longer bike.

Mojoe

·
Registered
184 Posts
radair said:
What looks gay to me are the handlebars & seat. How much are they asking for it?

Cheers!
Hey now, careful!! I've got similar pars on my fixed gear townie (Wald North Roads) and the exact same saddle on my commuting / touring rig. (Brooks Champion Flyer).

Both products rock. The only thing I own that is more comfortable to sit on than my Champion Flyer is my couch. The Wald bars are also quite comfy, especially as I've taped them from the inside of the brake levers all the way to the stem. Many hand positions, great control and leverage, and very, very comfortable, at least for an hour or two.

That's not "Queer Eye for the Bike Guy", in the sort of "metrosexual", style over utility, "who cares if it works as long as it looks cool" sense. That's just perfect parts selection for the job at hand.

--Shannon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts