Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Living the thug life.
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Trek rep stops in today and I pestered him about the race day coming out. "Oh sure, I got a prototype in my car". It was a large, maybe extra large frame and I am a medium kinda guy. Rode it just to say I rode it and brag to you guys. My test ride was maybe 30 seconds. By far the best riding full suspension 29er I have ever tried out. Now just need to try another full suspension 29er and I'll have something to compare it too.

Oh, and we weighed it. It had a White Bros fork, Bontrager Race disk wheels, XXX lite seat post, X lite seat and bar, XO drivetrain, XTR cranks, shimano pedals, Race lite stem, Avid cable disks, and Nanos. All together weighed about 26 1/3 pds.

Man, you guys SUCK! You didn't ride the Race Day yet? How pathetic are you?

·
2,822 Posts
My bet

mattomoto said:
Yes, I just got 2 medium frames in for Nat and Cam. Building them up this weekend! They look hot!
Matt,

My guess is you had them in your hands long before that! Busted!!!

When are you driving up to the fort with that 29"er RD?

~Brett

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Front Range Race Day Demo Day

Say that 3 times fast.

Anyway, it is obvious to me that we need to have a Front Range demo day for these bikes. Pick a trail and the 29er devotees will descend on you. I would look silly riding a medium (I ride an XL Rig) but it would be fun to see these frames some time.

Do you know if any of the Boulder/Denver/Fort Collins Fisher shops will carry these bikes?

Steve

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Logantri: My test ride was maybe 30 seconds. By far the best riding full suspension 29er I have ever tried out. Now just need to try another full suspension 29er and I'll have something to compare it too.

So you tried it for 30 seconds, you have nothing to compare it with and it is the best 29er FS you ever tried? :D

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
serious said:
Logantri: My test ride was maybe 30 seconds. By far the best riding full suspension 29er I have ever tried out. Now just need to try another full suspension 29er and I'll have something to compare it too.

So you tried it for 30 seconds, you have nothing to compare it with and it is the best 29er FS you ever tried? :D
I got a kick out of that one too!:skep:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Logantri said:
My test ride was maybe 30 seconds. By far the best riding full suspension 29er I have ever tried out. Now just need to try another full suspension 29er and I'll have something to compare it too.
serious said:
His statements were intended to be tounge-in-cheek I'm sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.