Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually Dh will ride the rollers and I'll be on the trainer. He's been wanting me to try them and I've been scared to death to! But tonight he told me I'm trying them! We have a spot in our house where I've got stairs (going up) on one side and a wall on the other. Perfect, not gonna fall too far! At first we tried it with him holding the bars keeping me upright and straight to get the feel for it. But then I tried it all by myself! I'd start with one foot on the pedal and one foot on the stair. Taking that foot off the stair was so scary!!!! But then I did it and I rode them!!! I was SO excited, but SO scared!! I was quite wobbly, but never fell off even when I swerved and such, I was able to correct myself. I was only on for about 5 minutes as I didn't have bike clothes or shoes on. Now Dh thinks I need to try them in the living room and get me my own set...not sure on that just yet. But GO me!!

P.S. ignore the mess in the pics, kids have been stuck inside for about 2 weeks not and any sort of picking up/cleaning is pointless right now!

Photobucket

Photobucket

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Glad to see another join the club! I work full time and have a kid, so I roller-ate @ night after she's in bed at least a couple times a week year 'round. Thank goodness for Hulu keeping my brain occupied while my legs twirl.... and believe it or not, YES you'll be able to space out on rollers sooner than you think.

·
9 lives
17,670 Posts
I don't have the courage either...way to go! I've heard that "roller trainer" is great for core strength and balance. No doubt you will achieve those benefits when you can't ride outdoors!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.