Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking a slow speed downhill switchback, when my front wheel hit a rock and caused the bike to fall over to the right as I bailed. I guess it hit a rock on the side of the trail (lots of those in Phoenix!) I just noticed today that I put a small dent in the right seatstay, doesnt look like it should cause any problems, but I will have to keep an eye on it. If I get a chance I will post a picture.
But after all that is what our bikes are for-use and abuse. If I wanted to keep it pristine I would have hung it on the wall and taken up shuffleboard!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Flying Wombat said:
But after all that is what our bikes are for-use and abuse. If I wanted to keep it pristine I would have hung it on the wall and taken up shuffleboard!
Couldn't agree more. With a new bike It's always a relief when I get the first bike scar out of the way so I can stop worrying.

·
Bon Vie
624 Posts
The scratches on the polished rear of my 5 Spot are her "outward expression of her inner love of trail." ;) Have fun and keep the rubber side down.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
The first dent usually hurts the rider's sense of astetics more than the bike...but like Crash said, once you get it over with, you can ride without worry! Consider it an initiation.

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts