Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last season I thorn flatted while racing, only 1/4 mile from the finish and on the 1st place dude's wheel, watching him suffer then watching him ride away. :madmax:

Fast forward a month and I pinch flat in one rocky race using Exiwolfe 2.3's, replace the tube and the core blows out. :madman:

I raced/rode for 3 years on 1 set of tubeless Crossmax enduro's and never had a wimper. So today I plunked down the green on a close approximation, the Bontrager TLR discs. As I understand it, nobody but Stans makes a UST tire for 29ers, is this true or have I been sleeping in class? If true,what tires are most likely to have a bead that will play nice with this rim?
Cheers

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Crockpot2001 said:
As I understand it, nobody but Stans makes a UST tire for 29ers, is this true or have I been sleeping in class? If true,what tires are most likely to have a bead that will play nice with this rim?
Cheers
I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think Stan's tires are true UST spec tires. They're made to work with sealant, or with tubes, that doesn't make 'em UST.

They'd have to be labeled UST, and Stan would probably have to be paying someone some $$ to do that, and that doesn't make any sense.

Monte

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
I remember reading that Bontrager is planning their own line of tubeless "ready" tires to go with their wheel system. They will have reinforced beads and standard casings so they'll be fairly light but they require using Bontrager's "Super Juice" sealant to seal the casings and help stop up punctures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.