Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys/girls,
i don't think im too bad when it comes to frame components etc, but as for wheels im really a beginner.
i am fairly new to DH but i have been riding for about 8 months, and starting racing next year. im going to be getting a new fork, with a 20mm thru axle, but i will also need to get a new hub.
i'm running sun rims single tracks, and i need to know if i'd be better off saving up and buying a whole new front wheel, or just buying a hub and spokes to fit my original rims.
i know that when it comes to hubs etc you get what you pay for, so i am not expecting a £25 bargain or anything... :D
so, if anyone can help me in choosing what i should do, id appreciate it :confused:

·
Registered
538 Posts
so long as you don't mind machine built wheels, you'll come out much cheaper with just getting the wheel replaced than rebuilding your current front end. you can also offset that cost some buy selling the old wheel complete.

getting one built requires the necessary tools, which aren't cheap, or the labor at a shop which, though more reasonable, still isn't cheap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.