Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tribe Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During today's ride, my Float RLC started to make a loud chirping noise under compression. It has never made this noise before in the dry conditions.

Since it was raining for most of the ride, could this have anything to do with it?

If if does need some work, can anyone recommend a shop that knows what they are doing with Fox Shocks?

Thanks in advance

Rich

·
Registered
938 Posts
The chirping may just be the seals. Try putting a few drops of oil on them. Fox forx are very easy to service imo. If that doesn't solve the problem, just tear it down and give it an oil change. Look for any obvious problems (torn o-rings) and fix them. I doubt it's a big deal.

·
This is how it started...
341 Posts
You can have Push do either a factory rebuild or their custom rebuild. It is amazing what they can do to make your shock do what it was designed to do that it doesn't do straight from the factory. Give them a call or if you are in the area of Loveland, stop in and talk to Darren Murphy and he will give you a tour of the place.

PUSH IT!

·
giddy up
275 Posts
I met someone with a Fox fork and needed a full blown over haul. He sent his to Push industries and they rebuilt it and put an inertia valve in and he said the fork is unbelievable. Somewhat costly but cheaper then buying a new one (his was blown I guess). When it comes time for mine, thats the route I'm taking.

·
Registered
59 Posts
PUSH or ???

If you have the cash and the time- I would send it to PUSH. Best to check how there running right now- could be 3-4 weeks worst case to get to your fork?

I PUSHed the fork and shock on my Blur LT this Spring- MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE AND YOU"LL LOVE IT!

Alternatives:
I have heard that The Fix in Boulder is good with forks as is Wheat Ridge. Those shops may have all the parts and rebuild kits / expertise / know how to help you out. Get on the phone and do some research- BEST!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.