Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Code Burr
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since almost everyone in this forum loves The Cult, and they are one of my favs, what can you Chucks rec for new jams? I heard The Muggs and picked it up. Pretty good stuff. SO heres my ipod list of recent stuff, give me some new $hit already

The Giraffes- havin fun, 79, junior at his worst
Qotsa - era vulg
The Black Keys - magic potion and attack and release
Death from above '79

Say nickelback your gonna lose a spleen :madmax:

·
Fragile
253 Posts
I can't help you with a specific band. . .but if I were you, I'd set up a Cult Pandora station and see what pops up.

I'd set one station up with The Cult as the artist seed, and set another up with a few of your favorite Cult songs as the seeds. I'm always surprised at how accurate Pandora is at determining my musical taste, and have discovered some new music from my stations.

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
I tried Pandora, but switched to Slacker and have never looked back. It's music picks and the love it/ban it/skip it features and custom stations won me over. I now have their portable, which syncs with the web player so I can take my custom stations with me on my bike and car.

I'm done with making playlists forever.

·
... I guess you won't be
1,969 Posts
Here's something different!

It sure is old, but I recently picked up Tubeway Army's Replicas CD.....you know that weirdo Gary Numan.....it's incredibly creepy, yet I just cannot stop listening to it....Down in the park...

Or, how bout another maniac rockin' Detroit Band - The Von Bondies [you know, the band Jack White puched out their singer at a bar]...Pawnshop Heart is a good album of theirs....

·
Registered
476 Posts
God I'm getting old...

How about some "new" old music.

Recorded in 2006 on his 60th birthday available on DVD, CD and I think downloads also:
Robin Trower " Living Out of Time Live"

Great playing with extended versions of "Too Rolling Stoned" and "Bridge of Sighs".

Sorry to say that Robin's great vocalist James Dewer had passed away before this event.
Still a great recording.

Sample some of Pat Travers "Don't Feed the Alligators" for some old school keyboards on some good old tunes.

Cheers!

·
Code Burr
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mentioned it already but give the Giraffes a listen, especially the song 79 weightless. Gonna check out the gary newman and von bondies manana

·
Knolliac
417 Posts
If you enjoy the Black Keys then I highly recommend getting ALL of their albums and catch them live sometime if you get a chance. :p Also, checkout M Ward - Post War.

·
Fart smeller
Tell us what parts you're using.
18,118 Posts
Check out my thread on the new Blue Oyster Cult album in the Off Camber forum.☠

1 - 9 of 9 Posts