Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm going to be in albequerque, NM from 2-6-04 to 2-9-04. i may have few hours to hit the trails on the 7th and 9th so i need to find a place to rent a bike and buy a map. i would bring one of mine but its just too much of a hassel. i plan on bringing my pedals, helmet, and shoes. as far as trails i like to ride, intermediate trails, beautiful scenery a plus, single track is great, smaller drops are fun (1-3 foot), rocks good, sanitzed trails bad i like my trails spicy but not overwhelming. thanks in advance

·
Registered
329 Posts
lots of trails around ABQ

I can't speak about rental places, since I live 1.5 hours away, but shout out BrianC, he'll give you the scoop on which shops to rent from.

there are plenty of trails right near town - the foothills being fun and easily accesible (and no snow covered). we can probably rustle up a group ride on the saturday if you want to meet some local axemurders.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Local Shops

SDtrailblazer said:
well i'm going to be in albequerque, NM from 2-6-04 to 2-9-04. i may have few hours to hit the trails on the 7th and 9th so i need to find a place to rent a bike and buy a map. i would bring one of mine but its just too much of a hassel. i plan on bringing my pedals, helmet, and shoes. as far as trails i like to ride, intermediate trails, beautiful scenery a plus, single track is great, smaller drops are fun (1-3 foot), rocks good, sanitzed trails bad i like my trails spicy but not overwhelming. thanks in advance
www.fattirecycles.com Phone: (505) 345-9005 (my LBS)

Albuquerque Bicycle Center Phone: 505-831-5739

A far as a ride, on you're own I'd send you to the foohills. It in the reviews. YOu can't get lost and it's far. the good thing is that it will ridalbe regaurdless of weather. Mountains are out do to mudd I wish it was becasue of Snow.

b

·
the original
75 Posts
If youre looking for a guide I may have time on the 9th...

If you would like a tour of the foothills, you don't have the good fortune to ride with the New Mexicans who have their weekend on the weekend, and definatly have time to ride on the 9th drop me a line. If you are in the right hight range I may even be able to set you up with a bike (5'9-6'1"). Drop me a line if you are interested.

Fat tire is my shop of choice for all things LBS, but I do know that Northeast bicycles (the menaul location) definatly rents. I dont think ABC does, but don't hold me to it.

Enjoy your trip!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dr_J said:
If you would like a tour of the foothills, you don't have the good fortune to ride with the New Mexicans who have their weekend on the weekend, and definatly have time to ride on the 9th drop me a line. If you are in the right hight range I may even be able to set you up with a bike (5'9-6'1"). Drop me a line if you are interested.

Fat tire is my shop of choice for all things LBS, but I do know that Northeast bicycles (the menaul location) definatly rents. I dont think ABC does, but don't hold me to it.

Enjoy your trip!!!
thanks for the invite i'll let you know when it gets abit closer to the trip. i'm 5'9" with short legs so using one of you bikes may be a stretch (literally) i'll probably rent a ride but will take you up on the offer to show me the foothills-thanks :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here ya go ....

SDtrailblazer said:

Northeast Cyclery - (505)299-1210
$25.00 a day
Cannondale, Diamond Back, Giant
Hardtails no FS

Rio Mountainsport - (505)766-9970
Sport - $28.00 a day Diamond Back Topanga (Alieva, Judy)
High Performance - $35.00 a day lighter bike better comp.
FS - $40.00 a day Diamond Back XSL

Neither Fat Tire nor Albuquerque Bicycle rent bikes.

The foothills trail and the bosque trail are probably all that are rideable now. Foothills is some climbing, some tech, nice fast single track at a little elevation 6k-7k. The bosque trail is by the river and flat but is nice twisting single track. No real technical but lower elevation 5k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts