Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new mountian bike park opening near me, and I am thinking about picking up a 888 for the days that I go. I have a Turner Six Pack, and thought the 05 VF would be a good choice. They are pretty cheap, but I am wondering if its too tall? Any thoughts? I dont want to spring for a flat crown. Thanks for any input.
Best,
M .............in case your were wondering - www.highlandmoutain.com

·
Registered
713 Posts
MBN said:
There is a new mountian bike park opening near me, and I am thinking about picking up a 888 for the days that I go. I have a Turner Six Pack, and thought the 05 VF would be a good choice. They are pretty cheap, but I am wondering if its too tall? Any thoughts? I dont want to spring for a flat crown. Thanks for any input.
Best,
M .............in case your were wondering - www.highlandmoutain.com
Well I just got the 2006 version (VF2) and IMO, it's a must to have rebound adj. I don't know if the 2005's had that, but I don't think so? Compression is nice too. You can find a 2006 kicking around for roughly $500, what's the price you found for the 2005 VF?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can get a new 2005 for less than 200 bucks. Price is a concern for me as I already have way too much in my Pack already. Also, I will only be using it once or twice per month.
M.

·
Registered
713 Posts
MBN said:
I can get a new 2005 for less than 200 bucks. Price is a concern for me as I already have way too much in my Pack already. Also, I will only be using it once or twice per month.
M.
Do it, I thought I read something about internal rebound adj., not sure though. Only thing a fork really needs IMO for a "Bare Min." is rebound adjustment.

·
Huh?
848 Posts
I would'nt go with the VF if it does'nt have the rebound control (I don't think it does). I saw a guy hit a drop at Attitash on a 66 VF and it spiked on him and tossed him into the woods, not a pretty sight. I'd look for an older 888 with the HSCV cartridge. 04 or 05 If you're only using a couple of times a month why not buy used cheap.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
MBN said:
M.
for 200 you can't go wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.