Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
bike rider
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my new SIR 9 today and the suspension fork and Niner rigid fork steerer tubes that were cut for my Air 9 Carbon are too short for my SIR 9 with the Niner headset that the frame came with. I've done some looking but if anyone can tell me which headset for a 44mm headtube has the lowest stack height they would be my best friend. I saw the CaneCreek 110 and it looks pretty dang low. Does anyone have one on a SIR that they could measure for me?

·
Registered
602 Posts
how short is too short? are you looking for 5MM or 10MM? Is there any HT taht could be faced off? It would change the HT angle by a fraction of a deg it you took it off the bottom but you (or anyone else on earth) probably will not notice.

·
bike rider
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looks like I need another 7-10mm. My buddy that works at RockShox called tonight and I told him my dillema and he suggested taking some out of the top of the headtube. It would void the warranty but it looks like I could get 7mm there. I ordered a Hope headset and it will be here tomorrow (Hope USA Hq is like 8 miles from my house). Yeah my forks are tapered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts