Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing some maintenance, I discovered a pretty good sized piece of steel in one of my tires. The hole makes me nervous, so I am going to get new tires. The ones I had were Bontrager Hanks. They are pretty fat (2.2) and I thought they would be a good choice as they would help protect my rims (225 pound rider). However, I discovered they were rubbing slightly on my rear stays - I don't know why I didn't notice that before. As such, I think I should get a slightly narrower tire.

Do any of you have any suggestions on good slicks for road riding/urban assault? I don't do any park, but I am pretty rough on them - jumping docks, riding stairs, etc...

Thanks to all who take the time to respond!

·
Registered
802 Posts
K Rads are cheap, very durable and work fine. I have zero complaints.

·
Registered
39 Posts
krads are good tires i had a pair that lasted me 5 plus years of street riding i loved them fast rolling, good grip, light, and i now have a pair of holyrollers they offer a little more protection a bit heavier, around same amout of grip but are a good tire dont have complaint for either one but i do like the krads better but couldnt pass the sweet deal i got on the holyrollers.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
saturnine said:
how slick? super motos are nearly slick
Slick as in no tread or knobbies. In my original post I stated that I currently ride Bontrager Hanks - completely slick. I want to get new tires that have no knobbies or tread. I might consider using a tire that has minimal negative tread design, like a bike version of a Pirelli Dragon motorcycle tire. The key here is that I would prefer a pure slick but would be willing to check out a tire with a negative tread design.

I just realized that I did not include that I ride a MTN bike in the original post. Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.