Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a nomad and a jackal and i love both of them my nomad has been great but when i start pushin it ways bottom i ride really argesive and need somthin bigger

my options
1. turner higline
2.santa cruz vp or v10
3. versus tigger
4.transition gran mal
5.chumba f4
6.cdale jude

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I dunno, I can't understand your sentance, But if you are saying that your Nomad bottoms out, then thats not a frame issue. thats a matter of your suspension. Stiffer springs, more air preload, dial uo compression, whatever. Doesn't exactly call for a new frame. If, however, you find that the nomads geometry is too steep for DH/FR (not likely) or the frame isn't strong enough to hold up to the kind of riding you are doing or maybe you just want that extra tiny little inch and a half of travel then sure, get a new frame. But if you are worried about it bottoming out then there are some simple adjustments that wont cost you a thing.

note - the other side of this is that you may be expecting your bike to make up for a lack of riding grace on your part. It ain't gonna happen. If you are dropping to flat, or weighting and unweighting the bike at the wrong time or whatever, then the bike ain't the problem.

If you must buy a new frame, the Trany, Turner, and especially the Trigger are all good pics, so is the VP free. I'd only get the V10 if you planned on racing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
I dunno, I can't understand your sentance, But if you are saying that your Nomad bottoms out, then thats not a frame issue. thats a matter of your suspension. Stiffer springs, more air preload, dial uo compression, whatever. Doesn't exactly call for a new frame. If, however, you find that the nomads geometry is too steep for DH/FR (not likely) or the frame isn't strong enough to hold up to the kind of riding you are doing or maybe you just want that extra tiny little inch and a half of travel then sure, get a new frame. But if you are worried about it bottoming out then there are some simple adjustments that wont cost you a thing.

note - the other side of this is that you may be expecting your bike to make up for a lack of riding grace on your part. It ain't gonna happen. If you are dropping to flat, or weighting and unweighting the bike at the wrong time or whatever, then the bike ain't the problem.

If you must buy a new frame, the Trany, Turner, and especially the Trigger are all good pics, so is the VP free. I'd only get the V10 if you planned on racing.
Are there any frames out there that are truly progressive?

·
Registered
764 Posts
If you really are after a full on DH/FR bike, look no further than a Sinister R9. The bike is unlike any other I have ridden. Totally predicatble suspension action. Keeps the rear wheel stuck down in pretty much all situations. FAST FAST and FAST. The bike just gets more and more stable as the speeds get higher and can take silly amounts of abuse. There was a video posted a few days ago shwoing a guy jumping a 54ft gap on his R9 (he launched off a 10inch wide teeter!).

FTW's bikes are just superb.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
That chhumba f4 is a hot ass looking bike...i would get that in the blink of an eye...its so simple and clean looking, as you can tell im not a big fan of complicated linkage (such as the 2 stage) also the versus trigger is sweet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.