Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe another beer.

I’m freakin’ climbing the walls waiting for my new frame. I know riding a 29 is some how going to make me a better person.

I’ve still got one decision to make,...the fork. I’ve got it down to a Reba or Maverick SC32.

Here’s the rear wheel.

Attachments

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
if it were me starting from scratch, i would go with the King 24mm hub and the SC32. However, I am very intrigued with the new IMV stuff from White Brothers and will likely see that on my bike soon....as I do not want to rebuild the front wheel to accomodate the required Mav axle. sweet start by the way!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
FoShizzle said:
if it were me starting from scratch, i would go with the King 24mm hub and the SC32. However, I am very intrigued with the new IMV stuff from White Brothers and will likely see that on my bike soon....as I do not want to rebuild the front wheel to accomodate the required Mav axle. sweet start by the way!
FYI I was using the DT Swiss Spoke Calc and noticed they specs for the "Hope Pro 2 front Maverick" hub. If Hope follows their usual pattern it may be convertible to 20mm and QR. Worth looking into.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shiggy said:
FYI I was using the DT Swiss Spoke Calc and noticed they specs for the "Hope Pro 2 front Maverick" hub. If Hope follows their usual pattern it may be convertible to 20mm and QR. Worth looking into.
Yeah I heard that Hope was doing that somewhere on one of the boards. I wonder who makes Maverick's hub? You know Shiggy?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was thinking King but I can get a Maverick fork and hub at a ridiculously low price. I thought about the new WB stuff. White dropped some of the new internals in our demo bikes at interbike. I was bummed when I didn't get a chance to ride one. Everyone else seemed to like them.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting.

Diesel said:
Ironically King's 24mm hub and 20mm thru axle hub use the same hub shell. I just ordered my SC32 w/ 29er kit from Maverick and I built up my King 24mm wheel last weekend.
I'm building this wheelset with a King ISO rear hub. It's for my singlespeed but I plan on a fs 29 later and these wheels will go there. When that happens I've got a King SS Disc rear hub that will be going on the singlespeed. It's a 36 hole black but a call to King can change that. I'm thinking a 32 hole hubshell in navy along with a 24mm navy ISO front. Should look good with the blue graphics on the Mav SC32.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh no!

shiggy said:
I want a rigid fork with Maverick dropouts!
You planted a seed now Shiggy. How about a rigid Ventana fork with Mav drops?

I think it was Woodman who had a rigid 20mm fork. It was in the BTI catalog in 04 but disappeared in 05.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FoShizzle said:
ah forget it all....this suspension stuff is far too complicated. just stick with a rigid fork and be done with it :)
Oh you big retro grouch!

Ok cut me off. I just ran out of pale ale and switched to celebration ale. I'm starting to slur my typing.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Pauliemon said:
Oh you big retro grouch!

Ok cut me off. I just ran out of pale ale and switched to celebration ale. I'm starting to slur my typing.
actually....i have found your typing to improve with drinking so have another one on me! darn you.....now i need to go to the fridge myself.

i cant wait to see your bike.

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
As you probably already know, VentanaOZ, SinglespeedScott and myself are all running the Reba on our El Commandante's.
I am more than happy with the Reba on both my 29'er and on my baby bike.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TR said:
As you probably already know, VentanaOZ, SinglespeedScott and myself are all running the Reba on our El Commandante's.
I am more than happy with the Reba on both my 29'er and on my baby bike.
Yes I do know that. I've owned a lot of Rock Shox, Mag 21s, Judys, SIDs, Psylos and I've never had a problem with any of them. They were all great forks. I think I just want something different, maybe better. Now if I can get a carbon crown on a Reba 29er,...

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Pauliemon said:
Yes I do know that. I've owned a lot of Rock Shox, Mag 21s, Judys, SIDs, Psylos and I've never had a problem with any of them. They were all great forks. I think I just want something different, maybe better. Now if I can get a carbon crown on a Reba 29er,...
Fair enough. But will a Maverick SUC actually be better???
Everything I have read seems to indicate that the Reba 29'er fork is one of the best options out there which is why I bought one.

Mind you things change and perhaps the Mav is now the way to go?!?!?!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts