Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Steve
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I currently own 2 bikes, a 2007 Norco Rival and a 2004 Norco Sasquatch.

When buying the Rival, I made the Mistake of buying one with a frame too large. I still rode it for a few months but it was never very stable downhill and over jumps, so I bought my friends Medium-size 2004 Sasquatch from him as he didn't want it anymore.

The Sasquatch has served me great and all, but it is a little old and it is about time that I upgrade.

I am going to sell both of my bikes and hopefully get about 1000 dollars out of doing so, and then I will have a further 1000 dollars to spend. So my budget is 2000 dollars Australian.

The problem is, I don't no what to buy. I was thinking of getting either an 08 Rampage, Manik. But I have heard that the 08 Norco's aren't as good as the previous models. Is this true?

I want to buy another Hardtail, as I am more of an all around rider. I go from street to jumps to a little bit of downhill, so a squishy just wouldn't be viable all around IMO, but I could be completely wrong. The downhill tracks around here are nothing serious and a hard tail seems to be fine on them. However, if I ever travel to harder tracks, I still want the bike to be viable.

So yeah, any help is appreciated. If you have any questions just ask

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts

·
Steve
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dogonfr said:
The '08 Rampage looks like a sweet bike sporting X7 and Hayes Stroker Trails.:D

Norco is a awesome company that has great products & takes care of there customers. :thumbsup:

Have you looked at the Fluid line up? kinda gives you a little of both worlds in a FS package. :cornut:

http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/all_mountain_long_travel/fluid_lt_3.php
Yeah they are nice lookin bikes, however a few hundred dollars out of my price range.

Also, funnily enough, The Rampage & Maniks stats dominate the fluid in the Full on Freeride and All Around Freeride department, which is strange but ok.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
steve695 said:
Yeah they are nice lookin bikes, however a few hundred dollars out of my price range.

Also, funnily enough, The Rampage & Maniks stats dominate the fluid in the Full on Freeride and All Around Freeride department, which is strange but ok.
The HT's are speced better for the price, when you add pivots & a shock it cost more so in order to be competitive in the market the components drop a little. :thumbsup:

·
Steve
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dogonfr said:
The HT's are speced better for the price, when you add pivots & a shock it cost more so in order to be competitive in the market the components drop a little. :thumbsup:
Ohhh I see, well that makes sense =)

So it's no surprise that 2/3 people who ride mountain bikes in my area have Norcos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.