Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I love my Ventana El Habanero. I use it for everything, street riding, bombing hills in the mountains, single track, XC riding, and dirt jumping. I don't believe in buying multiple bikes unless I really need to. (currently about to buy a DH bike:thumbsup: )

The bike is dope. I need some help though. I want to get some rims and tires that I can use for street riding and dirt jumping. Currently, I have some awesome Maxxis tires used for some single track.

Please send me some suggestions on brands. Remember, I am cheap and spending 500.00 dollars on rims does not make sense to me.

Here is a pic of the bike

PS if you do not like my bike, I will race you to assist with the defelection of your criticism.:nono: :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
+1 on Holy Rollers !!! They are great on the street and good on hard pack dirt just lower air pressure

·
Registered
206 Posts
+2 for the Holy Rollers !!!!

I just got them today(26" x 2.2"), I was shock:eek: of how small they are compared to my stock 2.1" Kenda Nevegal:madman:

another tire to consider is Kenda Small Block 8s (more $)

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
Yep, Holly Rollers.
As far as wheels go, that's a little more problematic.
It looks like you are using rim brakes. Sun Rhynos, have a rim braking surface on some models. They are the only rim that is durable, only 560gm, and offers a rim braking surface on some models of the rim.
There are other nice rims out there, that have the appropriate characteristics, but they are pretty much disc specific.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy Rollers are looking pretty solid. More rim suggestions would be nice too.

What about making my extra wheels 24 inchers??

You know what would be rad, have a back wheel with one gear on it for weird looks. Just make sure I am not shifting while at the bumps.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
mariosjsk8 said:
What about making my extra wheels 24 inchers??
Your rim brake would not be able to accommodate switching between rim sizes.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
i will suggest not jumping that bike as the frame will fail sooner or later, you can pick up a complete dj bike for 5-600ish and be able to actually jump, or bump up your price limit and do some downhill on your dirt jump bike, all the cool kids are using ht for downhill, you can kill two birds with one stone...

but if you dont want another bike, id suggest some azonic outlaws for wheelset, they are bombproof and still wont totally break the bank
http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/WH302A02-Azonic+Outlaw+Wheelset+0809.aspx?sc=FRGL

for tires i am using snafu rimjob rear and knobjob front tires, but i think they got discontinued and updated with new models

the kenda small block 8s are pretty good tires too
http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/TI407A04-Kenda+Tomac+Small+Block+8+Tire.aspx

·
Natural body armor
2,177 Posts
spazzy said:
i will suggest not jumping that bike as the frame will fail sooner or later, you can pick up a complete dj bike for 5-600ish and be able to actually jump, or bump up your price limit and do some downhill on your dirt jump bike, all the cool kids are using ht for downhill, you can kill two birds with one stone...

but if you dont want another bike, id suggest some azonic outlaws for wheelset, they are bombproof and still wont totally break the bank
https://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/WH302A02-Azonic+Outlaw+Wheelset+0809.aspx?sc=FRGL

for tires i am using snafu rimjob rear and knobjob front tires, but i think they got discontinued and updated with new models

the kenda small block 8s are pretty good tires too
https://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/TI407A04-Kenda+Tomac+Small+Block+8+Tire.aspx
Exactly: here's my setup, with Azonic Outlaws White and Kenda SB-8, which I use for DJ and commuting to work :)

ZT

·
Registered
702 Posts
tires

Zen_Turtle said:
Exactly: here's my setup, with Azonic Outlaws White and Kenda SB-8, which I use for DJ and commuting to work :)

ZT
Alright.I got to try the Small Block 8s.Shave a few hundred grams!Love those rims.Just got to find work!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
spazzy said:

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/WH302A02-Azonic+Outlaw+Wheelset+0809.aspx?sc=FRGL

Kenda+Tomac+Small+Block+8+Tire.aspx[/url]
I took the bike jumping again today and bent the rim, i knew that was going to happen, i have bent it twice. I like the rims you suggested but I have v-brakes, my sh!t is from
1997!! I need a suggestion for some rims that will allow v-brakes for XC and DJing!!

I was searching craigslist today and found some one selling a DJ bike for 400 bucks. Talked him down to 300.00. Here is a couple of pics:
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle fork Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

If he doesn't sell it this weekend I am gettign it for DJing. Now I need to replace the rim for my XC bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.