Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'll be visiting Phoenix Jan 28th through Feb. 4th with a few friends. We are bringing the bikes and need to know where to ride. I've done a bit of research, but I though I'd ask here...where should we go? Whats the climate like?

We are beginner-intermediate XC riders that like the climbs, but the way down is a lot more our style.

Info with links or trail maps would be greatly appreciated!

·
Need more cowbell
938 Posts
What part of Phoenix are you staying in?

Nice thing about this area, you can stay here for a week, ride fantastic trails every day and not ride the same trail twice.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix for three nights and then the Hyatt Scottsdale Resort at Gainey Ranch for three nights. Can't wait!

·
Registered
147 Posts
While your in Scottsdale you should drive over to Fountain Hills and ride the competetive loops at McDowell State Park. The Pemberton Trail is also located in the Park. 8 miles of uphill and 8 miles of downhill, kinda boring though. Or try McDowell Sonoran Preserve on the Scottsdale side of the mountain, especially if you like uphill.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DurtGurl said:
Don't miss the Visitor's sticky at the top of the AZ forum... lots of good info has been assembled there for visitors just like you!
Whoa, didn't see that, super informative! Thanks!

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
I'd start with McDowell Mtn Park Competitive loops, if you need something harder go to Hawes trail, and if that is still at or below the level of difficulty try National trail at South Mountain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts