Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every spring a group of my CA friends comes out to ride in AZ (10 riders total). We've ridden National, Gold Canyon, BCT, FINS, McDowells, and Hawes. We're looking for something new. Any suggestions? Ideally it would be a 12-20 mile ride. The group likes tech, but they are in their 50s-60s, so not too crazy. (Half the group didn't ride National).

We are staying in Scottsdale, but willing to drive wherever. Sat-Mon we'll be in Sedona, so no need to suggest going up there.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Flagstaff is looking pretty good. Arizona Trail around Walnut Canyon is looking great right now. AZT west of the peaks is also in great shape.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Deems has some mild tech.

Spur Cross trail is chunck-alicious. You could a loop which is 20 miles.

Those would be my two suggestions. I think I could host a Friday morning ride if you wish. I have off that day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
San Tan Mountain Regional Park

Start at Dynamite trail head (1.7 mile climb)
San Tan (right)
Moonlight (left)
Stargazer (right)
San Tan (right)
Hedgehog (right)
San Tan (right)
When you see Malpais (left) you can take this for awhile but will run into a wash
and need to backtrack to San Tan
Moonlight (again) (right) take all the way to guard gate
Littleleaf
Goldmine
San Tan
Dynamite (right) back to staging

All trails are clearly marked, San Tan park is a little out of the way but worth going once, the terrain is solid & fast as you want. Min 14 miles maybe stretch to 20 with a map.

·
DFMBA.org
1,874 Posts
Cave Creek Cactus Classic (aka 'C4') MTB race loop. Start from Flat Tire Bike Shop. Good climbing, amazing scenery through Spur Cross Conservation area. Unless someone from your party is familiar with the course or you have a gps that can follow a route in real-time maybe do something else though.

Sent from the trails.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts