Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Almost the same place mine had cracked. Talk to pivot, they were very quick to respond and remedy the situation to my satisfaction. I am now a proud owner of a mach 429 thanks to the warranty.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is the crack the dark horizontal line? If so, seems like a wierd place for a crack. I am sure that Pivot will take care of you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
gticlay said:
Doesn't look like a weird spot to me. Imagine the stress when you land a little sideways or you are cornering hard - lots of leverage and it's all machined out there.
I guess that I always figured that they machined in places that were subject to the least amount of stress.

Another poster said that he cracked his there too, so what do I know?

Besides these two, has anyone else heard of Mach 5 cracked frames?

·
Paterfamilias
777 Posts
Guys, please don't be afraid to contact us for anything! We are always happy to help you!

We have seen a few frames crack in this spot - not sure of the cause. We are happy to solve these issues, so please call us or email us first. [email protected] or call us 1-877-85-PIVOT (74868).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.