Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of downhill on loose sharp gravel, and the tires that came with the bike are Hutchinson Scorpions ( A mud tyre!!!) and they are getting chewed up before my eyes!!
So a good strong gravel tyre that can be used on most surfaces would be ideal so Please could anyone that has had some experience on this kind of sureface would be great :thumbsup:

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,457 Posts
Holdsy said:
I do a lot of downhill on loose sharp gravel, and the tires that came with the bike are Hutchinson Scorpions ( A mud tyre!!!) and they are getting chewed up before my eyes!!
So a good strong gravel tyre that can be used on most surfaces would be ideal so Please could anyone that has had some experience on this kind of sureface would be great :thumbsup:
Scorpions and Spiders are soft and wear fast.

The Barracuda seems to be harder and is deeper treaded with big edging tread and the 2.1 is quite large.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Sideknob said:
Scorpions and Spiders are soft and wear fast.

The Barracuda seems to be harder and is deeper treaded with big edging tread and the 2.1 is quite large.
Yeah the OEM Barracuda 2.3 that came on my Reign X1 lasted two seasons on the back wheel, so that's pretty good wear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.