Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a high quality map that lists ALL the trails around Skyline/ Bearswamp/ Ringwood racecourse....
all the maps that are sold dont include the MTB trails. theyre all too generic.
and the the couple that ive found online only cover very small areas...

·
Slowpoke
234 Posts
The NY/NJ Trail Conference are the best I've seen

They usually come in two sections, north and south. And show most of the trails, fire/woods roads and power lines with pretty good topo too. The north jersey trails map shows from 287 near skyline all the way to Sterling forest in NY.
Their office is on Rt 202 in Mahwah near rt 17 they might have them for sale there and you can also buy them at Campmor on 17 in Paramus
Hope this helps

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how convenient, i work at Campmor!

the map we have in the books/maps dept. is labeled "Northern New Jersey" it covers most of the area i am speaking of, but it doesnt show hardly any of the typical mtb trails as well as the connection trails along the pipeline and yellow trail ect..

i was thinking perhaps someone had made a map or expanded upon an existing one.

thanks for the response tho!!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
The NYNJTC maps are very good but they do not have all the trails; they specifically lack any trails that are "unofficial" or unsanctioned. The best maps I've seen are by Rod Johnson available here:

http://www.map-maker.net/maps.html

The maps are not free but they are only about $10 and they have almost every trail included whether its official trails, ATV double tracks, or misc connectors, etc., most appear to be there.

I believe that Town Cycle (www.towncycle.com) also sells these same exact maps, so if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and save on shipping.

·
Slowpoke
234 Posts
Thats a really cool place to work!

"how convenient, i work at Campmor!"
Thats one of my favorite stores. I could spend hours and thousands of dollars there!
:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts