Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a bike for 300 dollers no higher. i want the bike to have black rims and for it to have a thick frame. i will be using this bike for urban tricks. i cant find one on the internet.:madman:

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
littlekid345 said:
why his looks crazy
A $200 mongoose is not a "good" bike.

That does not mean that you can't have fun on it, but if you ride it hard, it will not last very long.

Ask yer buddy if you can try his bike. If you like it, buy one like it.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
how old r u? I seen this hyper moutain bike with 24"black rims. looked to be a dirt jump type bike. it was in my walmart or canadian tire flyer, cant remember which. it was dark blue and addvertised as "urban assault". i'm in canada tho. good luck fella

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
you can't bunny hop do to you being really light? sounds like you just don't know what you are talking about... i've seen plenty of kids 8 or 9 years younger then me who can bunny hoop higher then me on a bmx bike.

bad news. for 300 dollars you aren't going to get a mtn. bike that is light.... you won't even get one that will hold up too long. from what it sounds like... you just don't really know how to ride too well... if you buy a mtn. bike that IS in your price range it will have HORRIBLE geometry for street riding and will make it even harder to ride then a bmx bike. oh did i mention that a 300 dollar bike isn't going to be light? my crappy hardrock pro weighs around 32pounds i believe and its a hardtail and the geometry makes it worse for hooping around on.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
kid, listen to these people, they know what their talking about, what they say most of the time youll find true. if you get a mongoose youll just come back to this forum flaming that the headtube snaped and now you need annother bike, listen

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I need a bike, it has to be a good bike, because my current setup keeps me from bunnyhopping at all because I weigh less than my bike. And also I don't have enough carbs or electrolytes, someone get me an energy drink. There, that's better. Now all I need is the new bike and I'll be tailwhipping my way to the breakfast table.

Oh, also I plan on turning urban tricks with it, but I'm really not feeling the BMX bike. Get me a shitty mongoose so I can huck the urban gnar while wearing a full-face and a stuffed-to-the-gills camelback whilst hucking stair sets to flat... Did I mention the hucking?

Can't you just keep the bike you have and sue the manufacturer for making such an unhoppable frame? Surely you can do something about the fact that they knowingly manufactured a frame that was too heavy to hop. We are all here to help in your endeavor, end bike frame-gravitational oppression NOW!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Archdukeferdinand said:
I need a bike, it has to be a good bike, because my current setup keeps me from bunnyhopping at all because I weigh less than my bike. And also I don't have enough carbs or electrolytes, someone get me an energy drink. There, that's better. Now all I need is the new bike and I'll be tailwhipping my way to the breakfast table.

Oh, also I plan on turning urban tricks with it, but I'm really not feeling the BMX bike. Get me a shitty mongoose so I can huck the urban gnar while wearing a full-face and a stuffed-to-the-gills camelback whilst hucking stair sets to flat... Did I mention the hucking?

Can't you just keep the bike you have and sue the manufacturer for making such an unhoppable frame? Surely you can do something about the fact that they knowingly manufactured a frame that was too heavy to hop. We are all here to help in your endeavor, end bike frame-gravitational oppression NOW!
haha you a##

i thought it was pretty funny though :thumbsup:

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
Archdukeferdinand said:

True, tis funny, but the "little kid" is only 12 man.... prob. doesn't understand the sarcasm anyways though, so nevermind.

And littlekid, get a BMX bike from a local bike store, NOT Walmart or Target.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
fred.r said:
True, tis funny, but the "little kid" is only 12 man.... prob. doesn't understand the sarcasm anyways though, so nevermind.

And littlekid, get a BMX bike from a local bike store, NOT Walmart or Target.
ya man, deffiantly go to a bmx store or just a bike store where you can usually find used mtb and bmxs for under 300

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.