Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What is the best of the following forks for XC/ Light trail riding?

• Reba

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Minute

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Skareb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MX

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Marathon

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Haro Escape 8.2 needs a new fork for light(ish) trail riding, with some technical single track. I'm light (130), and want a reasonably light fork that will climb and descend well. Not sure about SPV. My choices are Manitou Minute, Skareb and Black, RockShox Reba, and Marzocci MX and Marathon. As you can see, I'm kinda indecisive sometimes. Any input is appreciated.

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
Rock shock Pike would do a great job for everthing you listed. I have mine on a kona coiler and do DH, Freeride, DJ's, urban and techy singletrack and the fork excells at all of them. The fork is the simlpest and most adjustable fork on the market and will suit any one of your needs.

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
or what about a vanilla R. there pretty cheap and i cannot say enough about them. just throw in the right spring and they will handle everything. oh and i am 140 and race xc and still do good with what most would call a "heavy" fork. for all around trail riding i would say the vanilla or possibly the Pike which i rode once and did enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.