Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And my crew had 2 of them (and Yazzle Dazzle wasn't even there)! Way to go Transition! :thumbsup:
I love how many women riders there rockin it this year also! So nice to see...

·
Registered
122 Posts
How was Whistler? I think we need pics! :) I am still waiting for my Syren. Hopefully it will be here before July 18th because that's when we are headed out for our trip!

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Yeah, where are the pics???

Actually, it's damn-near impossible to turn a corner and not run into a fellow Transition rider in the park these days. I've also been seeing a fair bit of groms (guys) riding the Syren.....dudes that are light enough not to need the extra burl of the BR.

I remember several years ago when CBX would get all sorts of weird looks and questions on her Dirtbag.....so it's fantastic to see their success up there. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
EB

·
Registered
36 Posts
yeah, i saw a syren and a bottlerocket at downieville. people used to asked what's that covert bike and now ppl are asking how i like it. transition's name recognition is growing.

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
ebxtreme said:
Yeah, where are the pics???

Actually, it's damn-near impossible to turn a corner and not run into a fellow Transition rider in the park these days. I've also been seeing a fair bit of groms (guys) riding the Syren.....dudes that are light enough not to need the extra burl of the BR.

I remember several years ago when CBX would get all sorts of weird looks and questions on her Dirtbag.....so it's fantastic to see their success up there. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
EB
We were having too much fun riding to stop and take any pics, as always happens with us up there!

I ran into a couple of guys on Fromme a couple weeks ago who had never heard of Transition and asked L2R if her BR was a "girls' bike," but the amount of Bottle Rockets, Blindsides, Syrens and Dirtbags (and a couple of the older Prestons) at Whistler last weekend was unreal. Nice to see the brand coming up, next on our list is a pair of Blindsides for us!

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
carbuncle said:
We were having too much fun riding to stop and take any pics, as always happens with us up there!
Yeah, I totally hear ya.....it's not an easy thing to do up there.

The key for me is that I keep my small camera on my shoulder strap on my pack - which means no pulling my pack on/off. For many years, I used to keep it in the pack and pics never happened. Also, I usually rip down in front of folks (ask them to give me 30 seconds or so) and then just snap pics as they pass by. No need to interrupt their flow in the middle of something fun like Joyride or Clown Shoes to take some silly pictures! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ebxtreme said:
The key for me is that I keep my small camera on my shoulder strap on my pack - which means no pulling my pack on/off. For many years, I used to keep it in the pack and pics never happened. Also, I usually rip down in front of folks (ask them to give me 30 seconds or so) and then just snap pics as they pass by. No need to interrupt their flow in the middle of something fun like Joyride or Clown Shoes to take some silly pictures! :thumbsup:
Good point EB, except that I already keep my small camera in a timbuk2 holder on my strap! :rolleyes: I only took it out for a couple pics of the bears this past weekend. Next time, over July 4th weekend, I'll try that trick of riding ahead and whipping it out and grabbing shots of people in action, that might work better!
By the way, Whistler is in primo shape right now and Garbo is opening this weekend! That new section of Dirt Merchant is going to be sweet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.