Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well so far I have 2 specialized upgrades to my Iron Horse Azure XC rig, and 2 for my body. The spare parts have been so good Im considering buying a Specialized for my next bike in a few years.

1. Specialized Pro set stem +8/+16 or -8/-16 rise, its awesome Im running it +16 to give me a more comfy riding position and is working wonders. Strong 7050 aluminum and only $60.

2. The BG shoes, just got them today! Wow I had a 10 year old pair of lace up shoes and these BG sports are mind blowing. Consider the fact also I have pronated ankles and the BG angle helps so much. Way better than the other shoes I tried on.

3. Specialized BG Gel Gloves, damn you Specialized for making so much good stuff. Best padding ever.

4. My Phenom 143mm seat. Well I like it much better than my old WTB Rocket V but acutally I would like a seat with a little more pinch and padding, does specialized have anything thats close to the Phenom that can do this? I have 1 year to return the Phenom and Id really like to get a BG.

thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
whilst i'll agree with those being decent products. they truly aren't the heart of being components. saddles, shoes, etc. are more likely to be considered accessories.

generally components actually move. old strongarm cranks, stout hubs, AFR suspension those are what i consider to be components.

i'm not a fan of the more current stems, but 2-3 years ago, they made a few decent stems that were available in 60mm length. the bars are pretty good too. the stout hubs used to be awesome, and lo pro mags are incredible pedals. tires are a bit hit and miss, but no one makes tires with east coast conditions in mind, so...

that being said, i have to admit, you've got the right things from specialized. they've paid a lot of attention to the areas where the bike and rider interface and they've done it extremely well. i'd not trade in my rival saddle if i was paid to. the buzzsaw shoes are perfect. so much so, i ordered extra pairs.

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
I like Specialized components too. One of my bikes is a Gary Fisher Hifi. On that bike I have (right now) a Specialized stem and the specialized low-pro mag pedals. This weekend I'll be adding a Specialized bar, a set of Specialized tires, a pair of the Specialized lock-on grips, and I'll be ordering one of those Body Geometry seats that I like so much.

I've other brands of components on my bikes too, but I do find that I like a lot of what Specialized has to offer.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i see riders all the time that use the specialized products.

and they all like them very much.
then they get a specialized bike , and it all comes together for them ,

the company is very good and stands behind what they believe in and produce.

the big S is very hard to beat .:thumbsup:

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
even helmets, it seem like everytime i pick up a MTB mag the testers are rockin specialized helmets, i know I love mine, super cool in the summer, and fits great, the shop owner said they they actually did a test and it proved wearing the helmet cooled your head more than not wearing a helmet while riding, i dont know if its true or not, but again i love mine! Wait until you get a pair of their shorts.....WOW!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.