Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I rode a lot in college on a 1990 KHS Montana, Ritchey rims, rigid fork and Deore XT components. Got married, rode less. Had kids, rode even less. The bike sat neglected for about 10 years, 3 houses and 3 states. I decided I wanted to get back in to riding, "but of course I needed a new ride", so I got rid of the old horse. Now after 3 years of riding again I miss my old steel frame beast and wish I had never let her go. If I could find another I would buy it. She looked like this minus the pink handlebars:

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Today I am sad, miss my old steed and wanted to post.

·
bumbles bounce
96 Posts
That was my first real mtn bike. Can't beat the feel of that true temper OX-2. My montana comp came with a mag 20 that developed a cracked lower. Never rode it after that. Think I gave it to a buddy years ago. Remember it was a rich deep purple. Man I miss that bike. Thanks for digging back up the great memories.

That's it on ebay right now! Looks in good shape. Only at 10 bucks/2 bids/5hrs left. Tempting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.