Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go figure I deploy to Iraq and the thing I miss the most, beside my wife, is my mountain bike! I miss SoMo, Hawes, McDowell Mnt, and Sedona trails where I could ride for hours when ever I want. Now I all I can look forward to is....uh...giant freaking dust storms, 122+ degree weather, spiders bigger than my dog, broken A/C units, and the chow hall running out of grub because the convoy did not show up again. :madman: :D

When I come home I am going to ride until my a$$ falls off. :thumbsup:

·
Black and Sticky
771 Posts
Thanks for your family's sacrifice!

Really appreciate what you are doing for all of us over there and please keep your head down! Look forward to seeing you ASAP on one of the trails you mentioned.

Bob

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

A fellow rider I met while down in Georgia spent hours upon hours in spin class on his tours to the sandbox, and he's come back to racing scene with a few recent podium finishes.

Keep your head down, and come back safe.

·
H.E.R
158 Posts
I know what you mean. I was in Afghanistan in 2002 and Iraq in 2003. As soon as I got back I bought 2 bikes a haro escape and a specialized enduro comp, rode the heck out of them, until the haro was stolen and then sold the enduro due to not having enough room to bring it home when I ETS'd. Now I own a Enduro Expert, a Kona Kula deluxe, and slowly building up my Voodoo Wanga singlespeed. Ride hard when you get back.

·
I am the Tin Man!
396 Posts
Hope you hear this alot, it can never be said enough though, Thank You for your service to our country. Hope you make it back soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for being over there. Reading your post brings the reality of your sacrifice to light so Thanks Again particularly on this 4th of July. My flag will be out. FYI it is not much cooler here temp wise but get back safely just the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.