a dad
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share my sadness..

Only 8 months until the 2010 BC trip...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Earn your turns.Wear lycra & spandex. Try single speeding. Buy a 29er...

Joking? Not sure. Just participated in the 24h of Moab - and had a blast!

·
Registered
443 Posts
i feel your pain... my brand new purrty red and black 2010 demo 8II is just sitting in the garage taunting me.

Im setting up a wistler trip too...when is the best time to go?

·
Registered
443 Posts
mountains said:
Jurichar - what you should be planning is a Bootleg Canyon trip.
go on...im listening.......... ;)

no reason not to have two trips though eh?

·
shreds often
224 Posts
Absolutely, the more trips the better! I already have 3 Bootleg trips in the works for this season, though one of them could turn into Fontana pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
jurichar said:
Im setting up a wistler trip too...when is the best time to go?
Depends:

1) Before Crankworks if you are bound by school's summer break and want to avoid the crazyness of the event. Late July, early August would be good as the complete Mountain is open then.

2) During Crankworks if you gotta see that live.

3) After Crankworks if you want an empty mountain. Late August, early September the lift lines are gone. Ride down, hit the lift. No waiting. Only downside: The trails used for races around Crankworks are torn up a bit.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
mountains said:
Man oh man do I hope you're joking! :D

Jurichar - what you should be planning is a Bootleg Canyon trip.
The joke is on me! :) I simply didn't expect XC racing :eekster: to be fun after all. But it was. Guess a summer where I did DH about every weekend, spend one week of vacation shredding Keystone and rode Whistler/Kamloops for 7 days gave me some tolerance to try something new.

Now, Bootleg is tempting.

·
Registered
443 Posts
snowskilz said:
DH season never ends in colorado, you just need to find the right places to ride :)
agreed...but your options start to get REALLY small. I would be nice to see some different stuff.

How much of the winter is the bootleg canyon ridable??? 12 hr drive from here and 30 minutes from vegas.....i think this is looking gooooooood

·
killin clear creek
760 Posts
We're headed to GJ sat morning till sun eve, got a spot or two in the truck open if anybody wants to go.

Haven't ridden the stuff that D-line was talking about, hoping it's worth the trip.

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
snowskilz said:
DH season never ends in colorado, you just need to find the right places to ride :)
i know, just takes a little more effort and a few willing participants.. :)

We hit Whistler the last week of June last year and it was great, not crowded, just opened the whole mtn the weekend we hit it.. we rode so many other places that were great too.. black rock, bellingham, vancouver of course and north of whister.. can't wait..

i hear what you are saying Klaus but admittedly I think I am burned out on the front range riding right now, seems to happen every few years for me.. and i dont have the lifestyle to head out of town every weekend being a full on Soccer dad...

if anyone wants to get some riding in soon give me a shout..

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
backcountryislife said:
We're headed to GJ sat morning till sun eve, got a spot or two in the truck open if anybody wants to go.

Haven't ridden the stuff that D-line was talking about, hoping it's worth the trip.
That GJ stuff is fun, fun, fun.. enjoy!

·
What?
80 Posts
mountains said:
Absolutely, the more trips the better! I already have 3 Bootleg trips in the works for this season, though one of them could turn into Fontana pretty easily.
I don't know if you've been to fontana. But it's really just a race venue. Lots of hiking if you want to DH there on your own. But if you want to hit some good DH trails in So cal, I know where all the good ones are in Ventura/Santa Barbara County are. You just gotta bring my bike out to me.
edit; I don't really know any body, as I'm fairly new to the front range, but I'm down for bootleg too!

·
Registered
481 Posts
backcountryislife said:

I will be heading out Friday night, what are you guys lookin to ride? What bikes are you takin?

·
killin clear creek
760 Posts
We're down to head out either fri night or sat.

Taking big bikes.
If there's some good stuff for the 6"ers we could bring them as well.

·
shreds often
224 Posts
chuk2rs said:
I don't know if you've been to fontana. But it's really just a race venue. Lots of hiking if you want to DH there on your own. But if you want to hit some good DH trails in So cal, I know where all the good ones are in Ventura/Santa Barbara County are. You just gotta bring my bike out to me.
edit; I don't really know any body, as I'm fairly new to the front range, but I'm down for bootleg too!
I haven't been to Fontana but was playing around with the (admittedly ridiculous) idea of trying to make a trip out to hit one of their winter series races, mostly because I'm really psyched on racing after the Burner last weekend. Common sense will probably overrule that one though. Your SB offer does sound tempting..

·
Registered
481 Posts
I suppose I will bring my big bike then and maybe meet up with you guys

1 - 20 of 26 Posts