Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went trailriding with a friend and after a vicious downhill I felt like my rear brake rotor was loose. So I got off the bike and grabbed it to see. Didn't even think that the thing was 800 degrees farenheit. Now I have three blisters on my fingers, one on my thumb, one on my pointer, and one on my middle finger.

Buzzkill....

·
Ride 2 Work, Work 2 Ride!
1,469 Posts
Don't feel bad!

Bakerist said:
Went trailriding with a friend and after a vicious downhill I felt like my rear brake rotor was loose. So I got off the bike and grabbed it to see. Didn't even think that the thing was 800 degrees farenheit. Now I have three blisters on my fingers, one on my thumb, one on my pointer, and one on my middle finger.

Buzzkill....
I got done with a really long steep downhill on a bike with XTR rim brakes. Stopped to enjoy the end of the ride and leaned my tire against my leg. I felt a sting and looked thinking I got bit by a bug. No bug, hum. Put the tire back and it made better contact and got a big sting. The rim was so hot it burned me. I should have known,... I had had a heat related blow out on the same hill. :madman:

Oh yeah,... it is n00b not, nub

·
Ride 2 Work, Work 2 Ride!
1,469 Posts
MrDomino said:
A noob is someone who is new to something (but eventually learns and gets better)

A nub is someone who never gets better and is stuck in the noob phase
Thanks for the update. FOG here! :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.