Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,I`ve decided to say f**k it and try something new.I`ve been a dedicated Marzocchi and Shimano man since I started riding.Never had any problems,but now I think I may just try the Manitou Travis DC.I know I have to wait till August,so my Demo9 build up project is put on haitus unless my LBS can get an OEM one(they are one of the leading Manitou dealers in Cali and are trying to do it for me).I also decided to slide away from Shimano and go for the 2006 SRAM X.0 derailleur and trigger shifter(not out till this summer).I know that I should stick with the proven stuff for me,but as they say,variety is the spice of life.I hope the crossover will be good.I`ve heard good things about SRAM,and nobody knows sh!t about the Travis,but f**k it,I`m going for it.So for now I`ll just happily pedal along on my Stinky with Shivers.And I know some of you guys will ask what the f**k is the point of all this.I say to you:nothing.I have no life.I`m bored right now and too drunk to go for a night ride by the beach so f**k it.Thanx for putting up with my nonsense.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
yeah baby!!! what beer you drinking....The Sram rules. I love it way better than my XTR(I have the X9 and X9 shifter)

I would never leave Marzocchi...they have always did me right. Love the Shiver.

In Shivers We Trust

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
WWT said:
I agree with SMT, I would not cheat on Marzocchi. I had a Manitou once--and only once!
I lived through the horror yes HORROR of my friends constantly breaking and add that to his girlfriend who wants him to go to bridal showers and shopping...the poor kid almost never rides

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I was just feeling like cheating on my girlfriend.You know when you get tired of her,but she is reliable? I guess I just felt that way about Marz.Well I have time to think about it,but SRAM X.0 is going on the DEMO for sure.Shiver me Timbers,you may have saved me from a big mistake...Gotta go drink some more St.Pauli girls and lose some bike moneys in poker right now...see yallz lata!!!

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
[SBF]SaSQuATCH said:
I guess I was just feeling like cheating on my girlfriend.You know when you get tired of her,but she is reliable? I guess I just felt that way about Marz.Well I have time to think about it,but SRAM X.0 is going on the DEMO for sure.Shiver me Timbers,you may have saved me from a big mistake...Gotta go drink some more St.Pauli girls and lose some bike moneys in poker right now...see yallz lata!!!
whew that was close.....good luck to you...I would rather gamble all my money away then give up my Shiver

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
I lived through the horror yes HORROR of my friends constantly breaking and add that to his girlfriend who wants him to go to bridal showers and shopping...the poor kid almost never rides
wow. manitou, bridal showers AND shopping. ignorant and whipped huh? well at least hes riding something!

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
dream4est said:
wow. manitou, bridal showers AND shopping. ignorant and whipped huh? well at least hes riding something!
the manitou has lasted 4 runs...longest since he got it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.