Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He's like the year 'round santa claus but dressed in brown driving a brown van.

Here's what he brought me today!

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Cool....

make sure you get some pics with the final build.....but have you kissed it yet....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a classic blur that broke, and I had to send it in for warranty, and while they had it I asked if I could get an XC model. I had to pay a smally upcharge, but I didn't send my frame back with a shock and still have mind. I also work for progressvie and build my own 5th airs so it really doesn't matter.

And no, I haven't kissed it yet!

Here's a link to some pics of my last blur:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=68211&highlight=blur

My last wheels were Cane Creek WAM team dealies with the cool ti spokes, but now I have to go disk (blur xc being disk only) so I got me a set of XTR/717 wheels, and I have hope mono mini brakes, 160/140 rotors (cool two piece ones) with DT centerlock rotor adapters.

BM

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
That's why most everyone knows the UPS delivery person is known as THE BROWN SANTA! Sheesh! I thought that was old news. Congrats on the stuff!!!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm... I must have missed that one...

Anyway, I got the bike 99% put together yersterday. Had to drive around and borrow tools from a friend, and even then not all worked out. Things left to do- shorten brake hoses, tighten rear brake rotor lock ring (the HG lockring tool I borrowed wouldn't reach the lockring over the cone nuts), add 5th air and Sick Suspension (my buddies side business) stickers. I'm still waiting for my new tires to come (should be here tomorrow) and, uh, oh yeah, the stem. I think I need a different stem, I just need to figure that one out.

I'll post photos of the completed build when it's completed.

BM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts