Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Broken
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Frame:2007 DMR Sidekick, full 4130 frame.
Fork: 2007 Rock Shox Argyle 318
Headset: Chris King
Cranks: Race Face Evolve DH
Seatpost Odyssey Intac 26.6
Pedals Speedplay drilliums
The stock seat that was off of my Pista.
Wheels: Front: Bontrager Big Earl
Rear: Mavic D321 laced to a Shimano XT hub.
Stem and Handlebars: Race Face Diabulous
Tires:Maxxis High Rollers(My Tire of Choice)
Brakes: Avid Juicy 7's.

·
Broken
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
By time I got done with it it was about 4:00, wouldn't have had enough time to really put it to the test, I'm suspecting that the bike will be perfect for me, my kona felt a bit on the too large side now that I did get a short stint on it. Taking it to Round Valley tomorrow, there will also be another new mtb this year, but that won't be around until September.

Run flats on the dirt with Five-Ten Impacts, works about as well as a clipless setup would.

·
Broken
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NJ-XC-Justin said:
Very nice bike. I wouldn't mind a steel jumpbike. Where did you get the frame, and how much $$ (if you don't mind saying)?
Ordered from Quality, got it for $200.

·
i want spring!
480 Posts
No Justice

Rip said:

Frame:2007 DMR Sidekick, full 4130 frame.
Fork: 2007 Rock Shox Argyle 318
Headset: Chris King
Cranks: Race Face Evolve DH
Seatpost Odyssey Intac 26.6
Pedals Speedplay drilliums
The stock seat that was off of my Pista.
Wheels: Front: Bontrager Big Earl
Rear: Mavic D321 laced to a Shimano XT hub.
Stem and Handlebars: Race Face Diabulous
Tires:Maxxis High Rollers(My Tire of Choice)
Brakes: Avid Juicy 7's.
It sounds nice but where is the pictures?
~Db

·
Broken
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here...

·
Broken
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
qbp..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Would you consider this a trail bike you can jump or a jump bike that can also do trails? I know DMR has more trick and jump-specific frames, but you've got the argyle on there (a sturdy 5.7 lbs).

·
Broken
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More like a jump bike that can do trails.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's a great frame for $200! Is that more of an all around rig or will it be a DJ/Park bike? I typically associate the DMR stuff to dirt jump trails and skatepark riding but cool to see a DMR that will handle RV.

My XC/SS bike has some burlier parts on it so if I want to hit some small drops or jumps I can. FTW did a great job with the newest Ridge. Here's a pic setup to ride local Heartshorne/Huber Woods. I'll slam the seat for the few drops and jumps they have there:

And a short vid at the Stowe Bike Park this summer. Shorter stem, slammed seat, and platforms:
https://www.defconfour.com/movies/don_stowe_park.mov

·
Broken
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
defconfour said:
That's a great frame for $200! Is that more of an all around rig or will it be a DJ/Park bike? I typically associate the DMR stuff to dirt jump trails and skatepark riding but cool to see a DMR that will handle RV.

My XC/SS bike has some burlier parts on it so if I want to hit some small drops or jumps I can. FTW did a great job with the newest Ridge. Here's a pic setup to ride local Heartshorne/Huber Woods. I'll slam the seat for the few drops and jumps they have there:

And a short vid at the Stowe Bike Park this summer. Shorter stem, slammed seat, and platforms:
https://www.defconfour.com/movies/don_stowe_park.mov
It's a jump/race frame that is going to be used as an all around bike.

Very nice sinister btw.

·
Registered
232 Posts

Thanks Rip - I love the Sinister and riding something built in the Northeast makes it even better.

A few of the guys I've ridden with in Stowe go with the same build style you did. Smaller DJ/FR/Jump frame, SS, longer fork, & slammed seat. I couldn't tell you how impressively fast they rode uphill and downhill with those setups (ask Mergs, he has ridden w/ those guys too).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.