Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not much time here so ill keep this short for now, fillin in the blanks when i can. while at the BHFTF, i won a ton of crap and did a little bartering after. heres the fruits of my labor and some shots of the big giant heads:

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Hey is that an All Mountain Post? Hook that sucka up, and give us the low down. Also, I'll give you $300 for that wheelset.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nice! Looks like you scored enough to pay for the trip! (Depending on your beer expenditures). The rushmore/rfx pic is cool.

·
Registered
963 Posts
So, what's the coolness factor on those gloves?

I am pretty sure that mine got 5 chilies :prft: :prft:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Nice wheels CC, should be just as nice as a set of I9's without the cost. I think you should now change your handle to "score whore corn"!:D

Aww, the Blackhills, I just love-em! Im planning a trip this fall my self. Any more pic's commin?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Pardon the question..

..but where were you riding CC? What is BHFTF? I'm trying to build on my database of good riding spots in the US. Thanks.

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
What'd you do -- rig the contests or bribe someone? One person shouldn't win that much stuff!!! :thumbsup: Sounds like luck was running your way.

And, yes, pics of Black Hills riding please! :D That's actually a reasonable drive from here.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
nybike1971 said:
Damn cc, how many raffle tickets did you buy????
Haha, no sh!t, I can see the raffle now, some poor kid on an old beater that desperately needs new gear is standing there as they call out ole CC's name over and over as he walks back and forth to his 5K spanking brand new RFX, all the time saying "YES!, who's your daddy!" :lol:

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
considering your blingy new ride, and the massive amounts of crap you just scored :eek::thumbsup:, i now officially petition to be the most pathetic, un-blinged, poor sucka homer in the land :cornut: ...i believe your throne has been officially vacated. :yesnod:

:rockon:

now show us the damn ride pics already! :D:p

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
Black Hills Fat Tire Festival, OR

CactusCorn grew some nuts. Yep it's true, our CC has one and grown a pair, but we'll get to that.

So here we go, CC and I loaded up Firday morning at about 9 or so, hit a gas station and snagged a few last minute things and hit the road, dogs and all. Stopped briefly to take a few shots of the Missouri River, and the valley, then finished our run out to Rapid City for the first ever, Black Hills Fat Tire Festival. If you have the chance to go next year, DO IT!! The riding was stellar and the people are great.

We were set up to stay with Sparrow, but needed a littel help finding our way to registration. The directions we got were pretty horrible, so we ended up in a small town called Black Hawk, getting even worse and more confusing directions from a seemingly confused woman. Eventually one of the clerks interupted and drew us a map, BONUS!! Found our way to ACME, and had a few brews with the guys on duty and headed for the welcome social to get registered and some free food. Met up with Tim and found our way over to his place, and promptly got our first taste of Black Hills single track up on "Skyline" Sorry no pics of that, it was dark... Oh, and we can't forget Suka, a gigantic, talking, Siberian Husky, super friendly, and super talkitive. Makes sure you know she's there.

Went back to Tims for a few more beers, and threw up our tents and went to sleep, cold sleep.

Pic #1, Hmmmm, in South Dakota!!! NO WAY!!! But they're only a little poisonous...

Pic #2, The mighty MO, half way point of our Journey.

Attachments

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
Day 2...

Day 2, Saturday,

Morning was cold, and my brain was sluggish (not really anything new there), but the skies were clear and the sun was shining. Once everyone was up, CC, Sparrow and myself made a little excersion into town for some hot chocolate, scones, and a few quick errands, then made our way back to the house to get our gear set up and loaded up.

Today we were riding Storm Mountain. At about 10 A.M. everyone that was riding showed up, geared up and off we road, started out up the road to check out the "Skills Course", and wait for the "XC" guys to get a head start, we were there to screw around and hit jumps and some of the more technicaly challenging sections of the trail. What fun...

Pic #1, CC, in the air, a some what rare site...
Pic #2, CC, in the air...again...twice...whoa...hey some one foget the "Remove Before Flight" tag Tom, maybe you would have gotten a few more feet with out it???
Pic #3, Gatherin up, to go up, plenty of climbing in them thar hills.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 72 Posts