Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I temporarily went back to vees and found out that are more effective and useful than I remember after a year on disc.

So I have vees on my XC bike now and like them. It's all I need for XC. They are not even nice vees, the basic OE Tektro Quartz MT10 that Jenson was selling for $5 a pop. Just put in some nicer pads and presto!

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
I like my TI avids, but I hate replaceing cable housings cause they do wear after 1K miles on a FS. Discs through are way more consistent action no rim wear while Ved rims only last about 3-4K miles. If I would race, hydo disc front and v back would do me :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I love my v-brakes, hell, i even love my canti's! But what I love most is my Hayes hydros when my ass is on my rear tire goin down some real steep switchbacks. Things go from impossible with v's to incredibley . . . well, do-able with discs. Mmmmm power and control, you just can't beat'em. -t

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
itsdoable said:
After riding discs for a long time, I rode V's and thought, "hey, these are pretty good...". Then I rode through some tall wet grass and in to a steep chute... and remembered why I switched!
Thats why I like my discs better then V's anyday plus the same stopping power even when muddy out. No more hearing that wet/muddy rim sound as you pull your V brake hoping itll stop as fast when it was dry...

·
Registered
571 Posts
itsdoable said:
After riding discs for a long time, I rode V's and thought, "hey, these are pretty good...". Then I rode through some tall wet grass and in to a steep chute... and remembered why I switched!
Yup. I like my V's cause I live in dry and dusty SoCal.
If I was in wet conditions, then yes disc all the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts